Author Topic: FPP 2.3 now available  (Read 3601 times)

Offline andyaz

• Kudos: 3
    • Bentley Lane Holiday Magic
Re: FPP 2.3 now available
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 12:04:20 AM »
I built out my master and remote from images and now when I start any play list it shows stopping gracefully when the first entry in the play list runs...

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 06:05:43 AM »
I built out my master and remote from images and now when I start any play list it shows stopping gracefully when the first entry in the play list runs...
Your time shows it's after 11pm. What time is your schedule set to run as it may be doing the right thing according to the time it's seeing.

Offline Jradical

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 06:29:04 AM »
2.3 seems to be working fine for my purposes.
Sure would be nice if a Backup and Restore would actually backup and restore my configuration (never has).  A few things get saved, but most of my config requires that I manually rebuild it every time I re-image...

Can't fix a bug we don't know about. What parts don't get restored? When restoring as you selecting "All" or choosing individual sections as needed?
Will need a copy of the backup too. If you want to create a issue on Github or a separate thread here so we don't pollute this thread.

I did test it quite thoroughly when it was rebuilt and have done a few "from scratch" restore since 2.0 and it's been fine.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:37:36 AM by Jradical »
7th year sufferer of CLAP
I dream of WS2811 Pixels.

Offline k6ccc

• Newburgh Lights
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2018, 09:57:05 AM »
Ill start a new thread when I get onto a computer, but its been reported before.     Short version is I save with all, and networking, and E1.31 (at least) dont get restored.  This time my P5 & P10 panel configurations did restore (didnt last couple times).

Sent from a $&@#% iPhone using Tapatalk
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
Jim

Offline Bwinter

• Kudos: 5
    • First Show 2016
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »
I'm noticing that I'm not able to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3 through wlan.

I've imaged two separate uSD cards, configured through eth0 (wired), then have had them both in wireless mode (master/remote).  However, neither of them were able to upgrade to 2.3 in wireless.  I connected back to eth0, and both upgraded as expected.

Was I missing something, or is this expected?

Offline andyaz

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 01:17:39 PM »
Your time shows it's after 11pm. What time is your schedule set to run as it may be doing the right thing according to the time it's seeing.

The scheduled run was completed at 10:30pm and I was trying to just manually run the Christmas playlist. The scheduler should not have been affecting a manual playlist I would think...
This morning I played the same list and it did not try to stop the playlist.

Offline gizmohd

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 03:33:56 PM »
Running into an issue where the wifi is disabled until i log into the command prompt and run the raspi-config commands to set the country...

doesnt always seem to stick and have to run the command a few times in order to connect via WiFi

Found the fix...

seems to only be affecting my Pi 3B+ devices....

had to make the following changes:

Code: [Select]
sudo iw reg set US
sudo nano /etc/default/crda

Make the change [US]ctrl+x, y, enter

[/font][/color][/size]

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:07:37 PM by gizmohd »

Offline Husker53

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 04:03:28 PM »
Disregard my previous:  I refreshed my page, clicked the upgrade button again, and 2.3 loaded without any more issues.  Chalk this up to operator error.
As always, I'm still checking my end for operator error, but when I click the upgrade button on the green bar, I get another screen with the features & instructions.  If I click the upgrade button on that screen, I get the Mac colored 'wheel' forever but nothing appears to happen.  I let it spin for at least 30 minutes, but no update and no alerts.  I don't need it, and am happy with 2.1, just thought I would bring this to your attention.  I've tried a couple different combinations, but get the same result (nothing happens)

Running iMac/High Sierra/Safari.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 05:56:01 PM by Husker53 »

Offline bh2545

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 05:05:45 PM »
I had the same experience with the spinning circle after clicking upgrade.   After waiting a bit and refreshing, it did upgrade to 2.3 (from 2.1). 

My current issue is on a Pi with a matrix adapter with 2.3 the panel seems to start on channel 1 vs what's configured in the LED Panel configuration (22873).   Worked fine on 2.1 (didn't try on 2.2)

Offline Husker53

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2018, 05:19:39 PM »
How long did you wait?  I gave it about 20 minutes, then just reloaded the page and it was still at 2.1.

Offline Babybear

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »
Upgraded to 2.3 and now my Pi3 in remote mode running my projector stops after going through the play list one time. (FPPD Stopped) Push everything back to 2.2  all working fine again. I thought

still stopping but after 3 hours of running.

Not a single issue with my BBB
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:29:03 PM by Babybear »
JimmyG
Rochester, New York

Offline bh2545

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
5-10 minutes, tops.  When I refreshed the page they were at 2.3 but FPPD was stooped but started no problem.  The process was identical on 2 Pi's and 4 Beagles.

Offline andyaz

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »
Upgraded to 2.3 and now my Pi3 in remote mode running my projector stops after going through the play list one time. (FPPD Stopped) Push everything back to 2.2  all working fine again. I thought

I found that by putting 1 or 2 seconds delay between the videos that FPPD stopped crashing. So far my videos have been playing for 3 hours with no FPD crashes.

I am running 2.3 from a fresh build on 1 master and 3 remotes. I was having the problem of FPPD stopping on a playlist of videos. I found that by putting 1 or 2 seconds delay between the videos that FPPD stopped crashing. So far my videos have been playing for 3 hours with no FPD crashes.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:59:39 AM by dkulp »

Offline andyaz

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »

I found that by putting 1 or 2 seconds delay between the videos that FPPD stopped crashing. So far my videos have been playing for 3 hours with no FPPD crashes.

Offline tomwb301

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 07:51:01 AM »
Loaded 2.3 on BBB now no WiFi. The IP will ping in the network GUI but will not show up when I input address into Chrome. Any ideas?
Tom
Crosby, Texas