Author Topic: Vixen3 - Falcon Player - F16v3 Help  (Read 323 times)

Offline jasp3r

• Kudos: 0
Vixen3 - Falcon Player - F16v3 Help
« on: October 24, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
Last year was my first year creating a show using regular strands of lights, vixen3 to create the sequences, a raspberry pi running falcon player and relay board to run it.  Everything worked great.

This year I wanted to begin learning how to use RGB smart pixels.  I have programmed these type of lights in Arduino sketches in the past but this is quite a bit differnt.

For testing purposes only I have
1 Raspbery Pi3 running falcon Player
1 F16v3 configured and connected to the pi.  They can see each other.
1 50ct string of RGB smart pixel lights.

Now I need the help.  I am not looking for someone to do this for me as I enjoy figuring these things out on my own but i am wondering if anyone has or know of places that have tutorials on how to set this up.  I need to know how to configure the F16v3 for the smart pixels, configure the FPP to work correctly with it and then I have to figure out how to create a setup in Vixen3 to create a simple test to make the lights work.

If anyone can throw some insight around this it would be great.

Seems like everyone has their own type of setups and this just happens to be mine.  Once I get this figured I will post all my notes on what I did to make it work for the next person in my shoes.

Thanks in advance.
KJ

Offline egenoup

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Re: Vixen3 - Falcon Player - F16v3 Help
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »
Did you get any help with this?

E

Online pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 43
Re: Vixen3 - Falcon Player - F16v3 Help
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »

Some tips to get you started...

In Vixen3 you set it up as a generic E1.31 controller.  Create it with enough total channels and configure the Universe numbers and sizes for that controller

In FPP you set up E1.31 OUTPUTS to tell FPP which universes to send to the Falcon.   
-Mark