Author Topic: 3 Pin wiring For floods?  (Read 246 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Christmas in Boise
3 Pin wiring For floods?
« on: November 04, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »

Offline rstehle

• Kudos: 1
Re: 3 Pin wiring For floods?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »
I assume that they are wired similarly to Ray's Pixel strings.  The end with the Male plug is D in.  If you attach a mating female plug to it, Brown will be V+, Blue V- and yellow/green is data.  This is assumption only, YMMV.

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:35:02 PM »
I assume that they are wired similarly to Ray's Pixel strings.  The end with the Male plug is D in.  If you attach a mating female plug to it, Brown will be V+, Blue V- and yellow/green is data.  This is assumption only, YMMV.

Thanks! That's what I assumed. but you know what assume does! At least for me! ;D

Offline weinrich

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj-uESZSbfI

I found this video which shows someone that's pulled it apart and is running it with V+/V- from a power supply and the Data signal in from a Raspberry Pi.  If you pause it in a few spots you can see the twisted pair is coming from the power supply and the green wire is coming from the little experimenter's breadboard, which I assume is coming from the RaspPi.

The point is, you can easily take yours apart and see where the Male plug's wires are landed, you can match it to the video.  There are several videos on YouTube showing how to take the Flood Lights apart: Four screws to remove the glass cover, and 4 more to release the foil lens.

Let us know how you make out with your project!
...and God said: "Let there be light to divide the day and night and be a sign of the seasons!", and thus he created the Blinky Flashy.

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj-uESZSbfI

I found this video which shows someone that's pulled it apart and is running it with V+/V- from a power supply and the Data signal in from a Raspberry Pi.  If you pause it in a few spots you can see the twisted pair is coming from the power supply and the green wire is coming from the little experimenter's breadboard, which I assume is coming from the RaspPi.

The point is, you can easily take yours apart and see where the Male plug's wires are landed, you can match it to the video.  There are several videos on YouTube showing how to take the Flood Lights apart: Four screws to remove the glass cover, and 4 more to release the foil lens.

Let us know how you make out with your project!

Thank You!

Offline dennismccreery

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:47:25 AM »
Here's the diagram I got from Ray Wu around the first of the year for the 9W floods I received.  I've verified that this works (tested it).  Here's a pointer to the 13.5 mm round jumper cables that work with these connectors:

Ray Wu: 13.5mm series cables are compatible with the 9W high power led WS2811 controlled RGB flood light;addressable;IP66 : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/BLACK-1-5m-5feet-3-core-waterproof-extension-cable-one-end-with-male-the-other-end/701799_1343256671.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.638fdbd5zRX1ze

Regards,

Dennis the Menace

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:14:33 AM by dennismccreery »