Author Topic: Issue with scripts  (Read 165 times)

Offline robbiet

• Kudos: 0
Issue with scripts
« on: November 07, 2018, 07:43:31 AM »
Hey guys. Im new to FPP so let me know if I am missing something...

Ive downloaded some basic control scripts to start a playlist and then change sequences. When I try running the scripts, Im only able to get the start playlist script to run. In fact, any other script Ive downloaded does not work. Note:  I did edit the scripts to point to my playlists. Am I missing a setting somewhere?  The scripts seem pretty simple so not sure what could be wrong.

Running version 2.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chrkov

Re: Issue with scripts
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 07:41:28 PM »
Some just dont work yet.   Like the FPP -c command was just fixed in 2.3 I believe.

Offline robbiet

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:17:58 AM »
Thank you. I updated to 2.3 and that fixed the issue.

Offline robbiet

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 04:10:55 PM »
Well...now I can select different sequences within a sequence using scripts but other scripts still not working. Should I assume they just need updated also?  Trying to run scripts for choosing a random playlist and streaming Christmas music with no luck.

Offline robbiet

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 04:11:37 PM »
...sorry...meant to say different sequences within a playlist...

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 180
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 01:18:18 PM »
The fpp previous/next command line options are broken in the new playlist code.  I need to get those hooked up in the new playlist code.  I added this to the top of my short-term ToDo list (for now), because this has been bugging me even though I don't use it.
-
Chris

Online dkulp

• Kudos: 68
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 01:19:45 PM »
The fpp previous/next command line options are broken in the new playlist code.  I need to get those hooked up in the new playlist code.  I added this to the top of my short-term ToDo list (for now), because this has been bugging me even though I don't use it.

Are you sure?  I thought I fixed that.  That said, I may not have fixed it correctly.  :)

Dan Kulp

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 180
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »

Are you sure?  I thought I fixed that.  That said, I may not have fixed it correctly.  :)

I didn't remember that, it was near the top of my old ToDo list, but now that you mention it, I do remember reading your commit log a while back when you enabled it.  My 4 year old was up at 2:30AM last night, so there went my memory. :)

So..... For the OP above, ignore what I said previously.  If you find a script that worked in v1.x but not in v2.x, let us know and we can take a look.