Author Topic: picap fpp install issues Pi3  (Read 344 times)

Offline Nikdyer

• Kudos: 0
picap fpp install issues Pi3
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:47:44 PM »
When I have Raspbian running, everything is smooth. No install issue. No problems whatsoever. I install FPP 1.5-1.8 (tried both) have same issue, black screen with FPP Login prompt. I have read in other posts that I need to access the Pi by IP. How can I connect the Pi to my WiFi when I am never prompted for WiFi information like when I use raspbian? Sorry but I am very frustrated. After failing install, I formatted my SD card and installed NOOBS just to verify my equipment works. Everything worked fine. Formatted and did clean install of FPP, black screen with Login prompt. Please help.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Re: picap fpp install issues Pi3
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 02:53:21 PM »
You have not stated what version of Pi you are using?  If you have a Pi3B+ you must be using v2.3.  Even if you are not using a Pi3B+ you should be using v2.3 and be sure to note that it uses a different installation procedure.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline Nikdyer

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »
Jim, thanks for the reply!
 I just flashed v2.3 using etcher, plugged it into my pi and...... I was prompted for login. My already thinning hair is falling out in clumps with this issue today. I know that I am the problem, just cant figure out how.

Offline Nikdyer

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »
Local. Not wifi. Got it.