Author Topic: Pixabulb socket and bulb dimensions compared to actual C9  (Read 77 times)

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
Pixabulb socket and bulb dimensions compared to actual C9
« on: November 08, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »
I'm wondering if I could easily convert my 200 bulb C9 holdman star ... to pixabulbs (the diyledexpress ones).

Currently, my Dad drilled the holes so the C9 socket fits into it part way, and then the bulb screws in from the other side and holds it in real good.

Not sure if they would work since I don't have exact dimensions to compare with.

Anyone know anything on this ?

Thanks in advance !

Scott / taybrynn

Offline Dennis Laff

• Kudos: 2
  • Retired Machinist
Re: Pixabulb socket and bulb dimensions compared to actual C9
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »
No the pixel bulbs wont fit the C9 holes .they have a plastic cover that fits over the pixels not at all like a c9

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply !   I think plan B will work, which is to take my 5.8 amp channel and convert it into a Left and Right side of 2.8 amps each ... which should work with the Lynx Express limit of 4A per channel .  Even at 70% intensity that channel was 3.99a which made me nervous.  So I think I just need to splice that channel and make it 2 smaller channels instead, which is fine since I'm only running this one thing on the 16ch express ... and four channel will allow me to power balance the banks also ... and just run it on DMX from a F16v2 DMX out (haven't tried that yet, but have used pixelnet out previously). 

This year my house will be 100% F16v2 controlled ... as I'm moving my remaining roof pixelnet channels into falcon differential expansion boards .  My neighbors house will remain on pixelnet from a lynx active hub, since its an easier wiring setup and he already knows how to make it work every year off a single lynx active hub that I feed from a yard based F16v2.

Offline Fontero

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 07:18:28 AM »
I'd definitely like to know if splicing it into 2 smaller channels worked for you, Taybrynn. Will you update us here? Cheers.