Author Topic: Thank you Cap'n, Dan, PixelPuppy & team!!!  (Read 108 times)

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 12
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
Thank you Cap'n, Dan, PixelPuppy & team!!!
« on: November 08, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
Wow.  I still remember when Cap'n set up my first instance of FPP at Christmas Expo in Fort Worth in July 2015.  He did his magic, we waited, and then there it was but it was obviously a process and took me a couple months before I could do it myself on a consistent basis (no, you have to remove gateway here but leave it there ;D).

Flash forward to yesterday and today.  Yesterday I finally downloaded 2.0 for the first time and upgraded to version 2.3 on a PiZeroW.  With pixelpupy's help, today I made my own "gold" image (wifi setup, timezone set, etc.).

Then...
THEN...

I made an SD card from my "gold" image and put it into multiple different kinds of Pis and booted them up.  Each one, whether zero, B+, 2 B+, 3, 3 B+ all came up on the same image with NO issues from that same SD card.  One image to rule them all and only seconds to boot up.

Wow!!!  It's amazing how far FPP has come the last 3 1/2 years.  Truly appreciate how much easier it's getting.  Can't imagine where we will be in another 3 1/2 years.

THANK YOU to EACH of YOU that help out with the development (and those that help out through the community too)!
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline k6ccc

• Kudos: 3
    • Newburgh Lights
Re: Thank you Cap'n, Dan, PixelPuppy & team!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »
+1
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
Jim

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 109
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Thank you Cap'n, Dan, PixelPuppy & team!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
Good times back then in our tiny chair storage room.
Next year in Daytona Beach!