Other Controllers and Hardware > Protocols - DMX/E1.31/DDP

Xlights/F4V3 Setup Help

(1/4) > >>

Powelln:
I could really use some help understanding universes and setting up a sequence in Xlights, to Fpp to F4V3. I thought I had a good general understanding but strands don't come on that should and colors all backwards. This is where I gave up in the screen captures. Whats really tripping me up is the star with 270 nodes and what that means for universes and such. If you could take a look at the screen captures and tell me how you would do set this up, I would be so great full.

aknflyer:
Sounds like you should be using 512 ch per universe. Falcon likes 512. Check your settings between xlights and the falcon products to make sure they match. Me, I use 512.

Powelln:
Ok thanks. I will change that. Before I was getting red squares on the controller from either a universe or start channel issue but the way itís set now doesnít make sense to me like there are overlapping channels. I get that you should x3 the number of pixels to calculate start/end channels but, when I set it up how xlights put start/end channels is how I ended up with the red square error on the controller.

A prop with 270 nodes puts it over a 512 universe, correct? So how do you program 1 prop in to two universes. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K-State Fan:
I use 510 without problems.  I still use A couple sandevice controllers with the old firmware so those have to use 510. Did not want to have some controllers on 510 and others on 512.

JonB256:

--- Quote from: Powelln on November 16, 2018, 06:13:19 AM ---
A prop with 270 nodes puts it over a 512 universe, correct? So how do you program 1 prop in to two universes. 

--- End quote ---

I have props that are 1200 nodes (a pixel matrix) and props even larger.
Definitely, props can exceed a universe. You just define the # of pixels and xLights handles the math.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version