Author Topic: F16V2R - Can't access string ports menu  (Read 260 times)

Offline EButler

• Kudos: 0
F16V2R - Can't access string ports menu
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:33:30 PM »
I have a V2R and this is the 3rd season for it.  I am running firmware v1.11 b006.  I run show with FPP and have routing tables set to access all three falcons in the show.  I can access all menus and screens fine on two of the three controllers (all V2R's). 

The controller in question...I can access and make changes to E131 config, run tests modes from status screen, restart interface from the Network Config page but when I try to access the String Ports to make changes it appears that the controller just locks up.  I have to kill power to restart the the controller.  Has anyone else had an issue like this or anyone have any recommendations to try?

I will try to access this controller locally with my PC tomorrow and see if I can access the  string ports page that way versus thru the pi.  I have not had this issue the previous two sessions.  Should I try to reload the firmware on this  controller?

Thanks for any help

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 62
Re: F16V2R - Can't access string ports menu
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 12:07:16 PM »
You might try a factory reset.  The procedure is in the manual.  That seems to have helped a lot of other folks lately.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline EButler

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »
Factory Reset did it.  Thanks Jim.  I forgot about  that as a troubleshooting option.

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 10:02:58 AM »
Thanks for this info.  For some reason I have a long-time-used f16v2r that is doing this same thing. 
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!