Author Topic: Delays and skips in sequence  (Read 237 times)

Offline NOLA26

• Kudos: 0
Delays and skips in sequence
« on: November 21, 2018, 10:40:57 PM »
I am testing my PiCap and some sequences.  I have 50 pixels mapped to two arches in my show.  Nothing else is connected at the moment.  When I run the sequence, the string pauses and seems to struggle to run the effect.  Then after the delay, the string catches up to where it should be.  This happens every time I run a sequence.  The Pi is on a wired network and the sequence is running from FPP not xschedule or a laptop.  Is there anything I can check to see why it has this issue or something I can do to speed up the FPP and PiCap playing sequences?

Offline Bwinter

• Kudos: 10
    • First Show 2016
Re: Delays and skips in sequence
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »
I am testing my PiCap and some sequences.  I have 50 pixels mapped to two arches in my show.  Nothing else is connected at the moment.  When I run the sequence, the string pauses and seems to struggle to run the effect.  Then after the delay, the string catches up to where it should be.  This happens every time I run a sequence.  The Pi is on a wired network and the sequence is running from FPP not xschedule or a laptop.  Is there anything I can check to see why it has this issue or something I can do to speed up the FPP and PiCap playing sequences?

This happened to me when I was logging events/warning/etc.  I minimized what logs were being kept, and it went away.  Second thing to consider:  what class of uSD card are you using?

Offline NOLA26

• Kudos: 0
Re: Delays and skips in sequence
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 10:11:42 PM »
That did it.  I have every log checked off when I was troubleshooting.  Didn't realize it would degrade the performance of the Pi.  Thanks!!