Author Topic: FPP 2.5 Now Available  (Read 9467 times)

Online dkulp

• Kudos: 78
Re: FPP 2.5 Now Available
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 08:17:20 AM »
While all my other FPPs are running v2.x-Master without any issues, I had an F8-PB (pocket beagle) running v2.4 so I upgraded it to v2.5

After that, it also could get no connection to Github for anything. DNS entries were 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1

Ended up Reimaging to v2.4. Upgraded to v2.5 and it did it again.

Moved it to 2.x-Master and is now seeing Github.

Not sure why that would have any impact...  Right now master and 2.5 are exactly the same.  v2.5 has an empty commit on it to hold the tag, but otherwise the two branches are identical.
Dan Kulp

Offline dennismccreery

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 08:32:25 AM »
I also switched to DHCP and FPP was able to connect to GIT, so I switched to Master.  Appears to be working, maybe it's the rebuild process after the switch that fixes resolvconf?

Regards,

Dennis the Menace

Offline jbrockw

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 10:34:35 AM »
On my master (pi 3b) that I switched to 2.5 I ran into a few issues:

- script repository never loads
- schedules set to everyday skips a day I had everyday selected yesterday and it showed next playlist would run on Saturday
- it appears it is unable to connect outside my home network. I tried testing my email function and loading a CEC library from the raspberry file servers which both failed. Switching back to 2.1 worked and then upgraded from there.
- rebooting the pi turns on my projector

The overall sequence that I did play ran really smooth. Everything synced correctly (5 remotes pis) and the timing was perfect. Im thinking the network issue has 100% to do with most of my issues. The strange thing is all of my pis that are B+ can access outside my network just fine.

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 10:43:04 AM »
I am running across a similar issue and the problem seems to be with the DNS on PIs using wireless or maybe an interface that has both eth0 and Wlan0?. My master FPP is a PI and is connected to the ETH0 (DHCP) to the router and can ping 8.8.8.8. I have 3 remote PB all wireless only and they can ping 8.8.8.8 but they do not have an ETH0. I have a remote PI that is connected to a F16V3 so needs a static ETH0 address and cannot ping to 8.8.8.8. If I change the ETH0 to DHCP and update and restart the DNS then it can ping 8.8.8.8. Then set it back to static, it will ping 8.8.8.8 so maybe the DNS on Static routes is not starting properly after the update to 2.5?
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline plaberge

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
    • Laberge Christmas Lights
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 11:14:22 AM »
I ran into a similar issue when I updated my controller to 2.5 last night. My BBBs continued to work just fine with a static wifi addresses but my Pi 2 with an Edimax adapter could no longer be reached. As with others, after switching to DHCP, the wifi is able to connect.
Paul.
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Offline bdw1980

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 03:50:22 PM »
I was able to upgrade to 2.5 but I have a red banner at top of page saying SD card has unused space and to expand file system or create a new storage partition. I'm not sure if this will affect how FPP functions but if it is just a suggestion type of warning I guess I can leave it alone. Anyone else have this message at the top of their status page? screenshot attached.

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 05:37:32 PM »
@bdw1980 when you reimage the SD card, it will leave a partition that the FPP cannot access unless you expand it. If you don't store media or sequences on your on your SD card then this warning can probably be ignored. But it wouldn't hurt to expand the partition on the SD card so that it can be used. Go to FPP Settings, then Advanced and then grow the file system.

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »
I am not sure if this is an issue. When I go to the FPP Settings and then advanced, the Grow File system is not there. I previously expanded my SD card so maybe the option is hidden if you already expanded it?

Online dkulp

• Kudos: 78
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 06:49:25 PM »
I am not sure if this is an issue. When I go to the FPP Settings and then advanced, the Grow File system is not there. I previously expanded my SD card so maybe the option is hidden if you already expanded it?

Yep.  If it's already expanded, I remove the option.   

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 07:53:43 PM »
I thought that might be the case, but just in case, I mentioned it.
Thanks for all the work you do!

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 01:55:09 PM »

So here is an update to the problem. I am using a BB (pocket beagle with pocket scroller) I decided to start from scratch and see what happens. When I flash to 2.4, the network settings all work and I have access to GitHub and a ping to Google work. After update to 2.4.2, same results.
After update to 2.5, on the network screen, there is an apparent error message "Warning: if any interface is using DHCP while another interface is using a static IP address, you WILL need to enter a valid Gateway address." the PB only has wlan0 and no eth0 connection so there is no other interface available to set up. Maybe the issue is with this check? I can update the DNS and a small popup shows stating the DNS has been updated. If I click restart DNS, I am not sure if anything is happening. I don't remember if a small pop up comes up when you restart? But once it is updated to 2.5, you cannot access GitHub or ping google.com, you get a temporary failure in name resolution error.

Offline gadgetsmith

• Kudos: 14
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2018, 06:23:21 PM »
using a BBG, I wrote v2.4 image to uSD and it booted fine.  Wrote to emmc, and it to worked fine.  Manually updated, then upgraded to v2.5 via the banner button and now FPPD will not start.
logs attached.

Offline Jradical

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2018, 08:16:50 PM »
using a BBG, I wrote v2.4 image to uSD and it booted fine.  Wrote to emmc, and it to worked fine.  Manually updated, then upgraded to v2.5 via the banner button and now FPPD will not start.
logs attached.

Go to the about page -> click 'Manual update'
There'll be no updates but this will rebuild FPPD - just let it do it's thing.
This should fix it for you.
7th year sufferer of CLAP
I dream of WS2811 Pixels.

Offline gadgetsmith

• Kudos: 14
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 10:00:36 AM »
logs attached.

Go to the about page -> click 'Manual update'
There'll be no updates but this will rebuild FPPD - just let it do it's thing.
This should fix it for you.
Worked perfect.  Thanks!

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2018, 01:44:53 PM »
Seem to be having a networking issue of some sort.  Everything configured and works but after a min or two it just drops off the network (wifi).  I login to my wifi controller (UBNT cloud key).  It still sees the device but it no longer has its static ip configured for it.  I can power cycle....again it works for about a min or so and then gone.  Was just setting something up to run tests of 2.5 with an extra controller to run inside.