Author Topic: Reverse direction Setup Question  (Read 253 times)

Offline jeff.ott

• Kudos: 0
Reverse direction Setup Question
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:50:08 AM »
Ok I have a falcon 3 controller using xLights, all of my pixel strings run from left to right on my layout.  However I have one set of icicles (Ray Wu 3,4,5) that would be a lot easier if I fed the signal and power from the right side of the string. Now I know I can set up xLights to start at the blue dot (right side) but this then requires me to actually put the start of the string on the right side of the layout. that would then have the icicles be 5,4,3 going left to right which would make them look different than all the other icicles.

Question is. can I leave the strands with the left to right orientation (3,4,5 first pixel on the left) use the green dot as the starting point in xLights however, put the power and signal into the tail end of the strands and setup up my Falcon 3 to reverse on this controller port? Is that how it would work?  Any insights would be helpful.  Thanks.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Re: Reverse direction Setup Question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »
I do that all the time as I like to put a controller on my front porch in the middle of the house and I control my gutter lines and icicles from there   You just reverse the string in the controller and all will be well.  Leave your sequencer thinking the start is at the left.  Without getting technical which I try to avoid, it will just work.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline jeff.ott

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 03:38:43 PM »
Ok, I'm doing something wrong. I set up a test to run the signal into the tail end of the pixel string (against the direction arrows) I set the Falcon on reverse on that port and run a test pattern. No lights on at all. ( for control I set up lights on another port on that remote controller and the test pattern does indeed work)  Are you sure you can feed the pixel string from the tail end against the direction arrows. . . ?

Offline K-State Fan

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 04:40:54 PM »
You have to wire it in the correct direction.

The reverse just changes it in the controller.

P6 - P5 - P4 - P3 - P2 - P1 - Input   Actual Wiring

Reversed in controller

P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - Input