Author Topic: F16V2R with Differential Expansion Board w/ribbon cable  (Read 413 times)

Offline ChristmasBug

• Kudos: 0
F16V2R with Differential Expansion Board w/ribbon cable
« on: November 24, 2018, 05:52:47 PM »

Using the F16V2R with Differential Expansion Board w/ribbon cable and 3 X 4-String Differential Receiver Board. Does this make my board out put 32 channels or only 16 channels? I only ask because I am using 5 ports off my controller and I noticed that my last port on Differential Receiver Board is wacky.
Any help on the port config will be very nice.

Thank you
Raspberry pi - 1 Main
 1 x F16V2-R Pixel Controller

Offline stanward

• Kudos: 0
Re: F16V2R with Differential Expansion Board w/ribbon cable
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:38:21 AM »
I would think 32 channels, as 16 channels on the F16V2R itself and the other 16 channels from the four 4-port receiver boards.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: F16V2R with Differential Expansion Board w/ribbon cable
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 08:07:52 AM »

Using the F16V2R with Differential Expansion Board w/ribbon cable and 3 X 4-String Differential Receiver Board. Does this make my board out put 32 channels or only 16 channels? I only ask because I am using 5 ports off my controller and I noticed that my last port on Differential Receiver Board is wacky.
Any help on the port config will be very nice.

Thank you

To enable the Differential Expansion board, you had to do the Drop Down on the String Ports page. That put you in 32 channel setup (reducing the # of max pixels per output but doubling the outputs)

Without seeing a screen grab of your String Ports page, it is hard to tell what wackiness you might be seeing.