News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.3 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.3

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15648
Latest: zj023
New This Month: 53
New This Week: 12
New Today: 3
Stats
Total Posts: 128301
Total Topics: 15778
Most Online Today: 52
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 28
Total: 35

FPP 6.0 Released!

Started by dkulp, July 26, 2022, 05:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennismccreery

Updated the OS again and the problem seems to have disappeared.

Regards,

Dennis the Menace

Skymaster

Quote from: dennismccreery on October 18, 2022, 02:24:10 PMLooks like there's no network information in the FPP host here:

fpp@FPPMain/etc/network$ ls
if-down.d
if-post-down.d
if-pre-up.d
if-up.d
interfaces
interfaces.d
fpp@FPPMain:/etc/network$ cat interfaces
# interfaces(5) file used by ifup and ifdown
# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
fpp@FPPMain:/etc/network$ cd interfaces.d
fpp@FPPMain:/etc/network/interfaces.d$ ls
fpp@FPPMain:/etc/network/interfaces.d$ ls -a
.  ..

However, here's what I see in /media/config:

fpp@FPPMain:~/media/config$ cat interface.eth0
INTERFACE="eth0"                                                                 
PROTO="static"                                                                               
ADDRESS="192.168.29.50"                                                                       
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"                                                                       
GATEWAY="192.168.29.1"                                                                       
DHCPSERVER=0                                                                                 
DHCPOFFSET=100                                                                               
DHCPPOOLSIZE=50                                                                               
ROUTEMETRIC=0                                                                                 
IPFORWARDING=0

Which looks kinda normal.  But that still doesn't explain the two "eth0" entries in the FPP web page.
I was helping someone in the zoom room the other night that saw this.
It appears that after an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.x, changing of the network settings is not reflecting in the systemd directories.
- New network files should be in /etc/systemd/network/*** for systemd-networkd

This was causing the OS to grab an IP by DHCP, and then FPP was configuring the host with a second, static address.
Changing FPP to DHCP, would cause two DHCP assigned addresses to appear.

This was then meaning that in some cases, FPP was using the wrong IP address when sending packets, causing other issues. Restarting FPPD would switch this binding.

Creating the 10-eth0.network file by hand to match the static configuration within FPP worked, however FPP was not updating it when changing again (you could get two statics, for example).

Oboeman123

I am having some issues since updating to 6.1. I have been running FPP for over 5 years.  I have an issue communication from my pi3 to my Falcon V3.  I have never needed to connect my Falcon to the internet.  The only solution I have found is to plug in an ethernet cable and reboot the Falcon.  Once I do that it is able to communicate just fine. I am not sure if there is a new setting that I must change or if it is best to revert to 5.5.  Any insight would be helpful... I am completely stumped since I have not changed anything from previous versions.  Thank you!

JonD

I am running FPP 6.1.1 and have several Falcon v3 products.  None of them are connected to the internet and they work perfectly.

The FPP 6.1.1 update should not impact your Falcon to the best of my knowledge.  I would guess networking/routing issue on the FPP maybe?  Can you define the communication problems better? 

Oboeman123

I really am unsure. It looks like the FPP is assigning a eth0 address. I don't remember it ever doing that. Should I set a static IP to the same as my Falcon? I don't remember needing to do this in the past. I am only using WIFI for internet connection to the FPP. I am just very confused why things have changed after 5 years and why that once I connect the falcon to my router it fixes the issue.  

jnealand

Connecting to a router has provided a missing link between the items.  The real question is how were they all connected to gether before.  Were using IP bridging via FPP for instance, because that setting has moved and may not have carried forward.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Oboeman123

Ethernet out from the PI and in to the Falcon.  Possibly it was bridged before but am unsure. I did not touch any of the IP bridging in the past. Thank you for your help.

JonD

Quote from: Oboeman123 on October 25, 2022, 07:00:53 PMShould I set a static IP to the same as my Falcon? I
Two devices can not share the same IP.  The IP needs to be unique.  Is your controller network the same as your home network, or are they separate networks?

What is the IP/SubnetMask/Gateway of the Falcon?  What is the IP/SubnetMask/Gateway of the FPP?

If you upgraded to 6.1.1, from FPP 5.5 your settings should have upgraded.  If you installed 6.1.1 fresh and restored your settings, you may be missing IP forwarding.  Hard to know how to guide you with the limited info you have shared.

Oboeman123

Quote from: JonD on October 25, 2022, 07:28:57 PMIs your controller network the same as your home network, or are they separate networks?

What is the IP/SubnetMask/Gateway of the Falcon?  What is the IP/SubnetMask/Gateway of the FPP?
Same as home network.  I don't use it for any data transfer.  Falcon is 192.168.1.50/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.1 and the FPP is  192.168.1.50/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.1

I did an upgrade not a fresh install
Thank you for your quick replies!

JonD

The Falcon and FPP can not be the same address.  Change one of them to 192.168.1.51 or something not 50.  The Falcon is probably not coming on-line because it is detecting an IP conflict with the FPP.

Oboeman123

Quote from: JonD on October 25, 2022, 07:49:22 PMThe Falcon and FPP can not be the same address.  Change one of them to 192.168.1.51 or something not 50.
I forgot to change my copy and paste of the IP addresses. They do have different IPs.  However I went ahead and deleted the IP information from the FPP, saved, then reentered it.  It appears to be work the same as before after I did a complete power down of the system and then restart. Not sure what went wrong in the upgrade. Thank you for all of your help! I was getting frustrated and you saved the day!

JonD

No worries.  Glad it is working now!

aknflyer

I updated to this version from last xmas version 5.?.  Backed up my pi's beforhand. Started with FPPOS version, but play button was grayed out. Did a full firmware upgrade and updated with my backup.
Problem: Uploading sequence files to remotes.
The uploads progress is very slow.  Eventually 2 remotes finished. 2 had 2 or 3 sequences that failed, larger files. There are no identifiable sequence files on the SD card to copy directly to the sd card. I have been trying for 24 hrs to upload 2 fseq files to 2 remotes that always fail. They did work on the master and one of the remotes.
Error message says: Could'nt find file (sequence name) in upload directory.
Any ideas?

One other issue: Falcon connected to Eth port on pi: Pi addrs 10.0.0.4, Falcon 10.1.1.4 with a static route in my pc worked on older V5.x now seems broken. Route is still in my pc. Maybe use the dhcp server to make the falcon 10.0.0.5?

JonD

You could try flashing the FFPOS again, but with the copying issues, I would be ruling out a bad SD card. 

If you need a new one, I have had pretty good luck with this model. https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Endurance-MicroSDXC-Adapter-security/dp/B09WB35BXS/ref=sr_1_5?crid=6BVUWG09MMKL&keywords=samsung%2Bsd%2Bcard&qid=1666763951&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0LjQ0IiwicXNhIjoiNC40NiIsInFzcCI6IjQuMjIifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=samsung%2Bsd%2Bcar%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-5&th=1

Quote from: aknflyer on October 25, 2022, 11:46:13 PMOne other issue: Falcon connected to Eth port on pi: Pi addrs 10.0.0.4, Falcon 10.1.1.4 with a static route in my pc worked on older V5.x now seems broken. Route is still in my pc. Maybe use the dhcp server to make the falcon 10.0.0.5?
Are you connecting to Pi's wifi to manage, and using the FPP ethernet port to connect to Falcon?  You did not share enough information to have an idea what is happening.  The IP/Subnetmask/Gateway for the PC, Pi wifi (wlan0), Pi Ethernet (eth0), and Falcon would be helpful.

aknflyer

Quote from: JonD on October 26, 2022, 12:07:23 AMYou could try flashing the FFPOS again, but with the copying issues, I would be ruling out a bad SD card. 

If you need a new one, I have had pretty good luck with this model. https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Endurance-MicroSDXC-Adapter-security/dp/B09WB35BXS/ref=sr_1_5?crid=6BVUWG09MMKL&keywords=samsung%2Bsd%2Bcard&qid=1666763951&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0LjQ0IiwicXNhIjoiNC40NiIsInFzcCI6IjQuMjIifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=samsung%2Bsd%2Bcar%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-5&th=1

Quote from: aknflyer on October 25, 2022, 11:46:13 PMOne other issue: Falcon connected to Eth port on pi: Pi addrs 10.0.0.4, Falcon 10.1.1.4 with a static route in my pc worked on older V5.x now seems broken. Route is still in my pc. Maybe use the dhcp server to make the falcon 10.0.0.5?
Are you connecting to Pi's wifi to manage, and using the FPP ethernet port to connect to Falcon?  You did not share enough information to have an idea what is happening.  The IP/Subnetmask/Gateway for the PC, Pi wifi (wlan0), Pi Ethernet (eth0), and Falcon would be helpful.
Pi is connected to falcon via eth port. Pi is remote via wifi. I described all of this. Tested ok just before upgrade.
IPv4 Route Table
===========================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway      Interface  Metric
        10.1.1.0    255.255.255.0        10.0.0.4        10.0.0.70    26
Persistent Routes:
  Network Address          Netmask  Gateway Address  Metric
        10.1.1.0    255.255.255.0        10.0.0.4      1

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Trying to configure LOR CF50D Floods on FPP Pi Player with PiCap by tbone321
Today at 12:36:16 PM