News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15464
Latest: BroJam22
New This Month: 87
New This Week: 4
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 126805
Total Topics: 15541
Most Online Today: 107
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 70
Total: 77

My First Year FPP -> it worked AWESOME!

Started by henkvis, January 06, 2015, 11:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henkvis

Hi all,

To get the database of succes stories filled, here another one. My sixt year of a christmas display.

SETUP:
- ~12 Renard controllers (350 channels)
- USB-hub to facilitate 2 USB2RS232 dongels
- 1 E681 controller (250 pixels)
- 1 beamer
- all running from the FPP!

2014, I decided to incorp video into my display. This was a wish from the 1st year.
I got to read on the FPP via doityourselfchristmas.com and immediately ordered myself a Pi.

I tested everything seperately and confirmed all was working. Renards, OK. E681, OK,
But on the alpha-test week, there was a serious lag between audio and lights on half of the Renards.
I've got this investigated by the Captain and it turned out that I configured the Pi wrong.... misreading from my side.
TIP: at "other outputs"-tab, use 'size' in stead of 'Ch. Cnt'. (I made the mistake to read this as 'end-channel')

Once this got fixed, I still had a (constant) lag, but this I could manage by giving the Sequence a 200ms off-set.

The Pi NEVER gave up on me... twice an evening, every evening, the whole month, the playlist ran... spot-on time!

I would like to take the oppertunity to thank all who helped out on this forum, specially the Captain!

HAVE A GREAT 2015

CaptainMurdoch

Thanks, I need to browse around the forum one day and put some more links on the wiki page, but if anyone else feels like doing so, feel free to add links to threads like this to the FPP Success Stories page.
-
Chris