News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15464
Latest: BroJam22
New This Month: 87
New This Week: 5
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 126805
Total Topics: 15541
Most Online Today: 107
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 73
Total: 77

Getting nodes into Boscoyo matrix

Started by taintedsaint, December 10, 2018, 05:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taintedsaint

While current show is up and running, I am (like probably many others) working on items for next year.
Have two pieces of Boscoyo matrix panels, really pleased with sturdiness of them. Issue is getting nodes into the holes.
I understand holes are designed to hold the nodes tightly but compared to strips used for mega tree this is quite a fight.
I've tried some spare nodes from different manufacturers I had laying around to be sure its not a node issue but all the same.
While i have succesfully gotten most of them in one panel, using pixel pliers, I figured someone might have a trick to make it a bit easier.
Any ideas or tips from all you pros out there?

JonB256

Several people have used an electric heat gun (hair dryer on steroids) to warm the plastic for about 10 pixels at a time.
Definitely hard putting pixels into that when it is cold.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

Emuney18

I did it last year and my only advice is have the plastic at least room temp. Get some good gloves. And push against something on the other side like a 1/2 pvc Tee or socket.  I can tell you that I had to swap a string in mine while on the roof and in full sun it was like pushing into butter. So full sun if that's an option or a good heat lamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taintedsaint

As a second hobby I restore vintage Cadillacs, have several I've done, and my particular skillset is interiors. So after using heat to stretch every material imaginable it is truly embarassing that I didn't think about a heat gun. Not like I don't have 3 of them in the shop.
It was at room temp but obviously needed a bit more.

Thanks for the input guys, I knew I couldn't be the only one struggling.

;D

Todd

I took a 3/4" board and drilled a 5/8" hole in it at the edge and cut it out to form a U. lay the matrix or Boysco strips on top and push the nodes in. Made it real easy to push the nodes into the holes and didn't kill the fingers.
Todd L.
Kimberly, WI

Falcon F16V3,F48, Kulp 32A-B, FPP, X-Lights, LOR, Pi 3B