Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 33
Total: 38

New F16V3 Enclosure Build

Started by Xmas!, January 11, 2019, 03:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xmas!

My name is Steve and I'm just getting started. but I think this will become a huge hobby!!

k6ccc

Quote from: Xmas! on January 23, 2019, 04:54:18 PM
My name is Steve and I'm just getting started. but I think this will become a huge hobby!!

Danger!  Danger!!  Danger!!!  Run away as fast as you can!

Oh wait, it's too late - you now have a severe case of Christmas Light Addiction Problem (also known as CLAP).
Welcome to the club :)

Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
My show website:  http://newburghlights.org

Jim

Xmas!

Xmas!

I haven't even used my build for a season yet and I already changed it up.

Xmas!

And I'm done!! Finally!

algerdes

What type of power connection are you using? (See attachment.)
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Xmas!

Todd

Quote from: Xmas! on January 28, 2019, 04:49:40 PM
Quote from: algerdes on January 28, 2019, 04:31:16 PM
What type of power connection are you using? (See attachment.)

They are female quick disconnect lugs with male quick disconnect posts.

https://www.amazon.com/Stud-Mount-0-187-Quick-Disconnect-Terminals/dp/B00NV8UNR8/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_91?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QA7YNHKXN9A5WKR4KCNK
Looks like they should give the ability to swap out a power supply fairly quickly. Also keeps it neat and tidy. Very nice job.
Todd L.
Kimberly, WI

Falcon F16V3,F48, Kulp 32A-B, FPP, X-Lights, LOR, Pi 3B

Xmas!

algerdes

Very nice idea.  I've been looking for something that would make swapping supplies a bit easier.
Thanks for sharing.

The $1.28 per is a bit of a shock for a small piece of metal, but it is what it is.

Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Xmas!

Wow I didn't even look at the price when I purchased them. Oh well too late now haha.

Xmas!

usmick78

Quote from: Xmas! on January 16, 2019, 08:23:00 AM
So I am too late in asking this question but I may as well try to find out. How did everyone go about drilling the 3.5" hole for the vents in the BUD enclosure? I went to HD and asked if a holesaw would work for 1/4" thick plastic and the guy told me yes. It may be that I wasn't able to put a block of wood behind it when I was drilling but the holesaw gouged my enclosure pretty bad on the first hole. Thats why I have the foam gasket on the inside. The second hole I used my dremel but it was still pretty jagged. Any help would be greatly appreciated for the next enclosure. Thanks.

Take and run the hole saw in reverse to start, then go forward.  If you use some sort of a backer, so much the better.
When in doubt, empty the magazine!
Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

k6ccc

A drill press helps a lot too.

Sent from a $&@#% iPhone using Tapatalk
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
My show website:  http://newburghlights.org

Jim

Xmas!

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

1 player/2 remote by Poporacer
Today at 08:07:48 PM

K8-PB Network Issue by Kensington Graves
Today at 07:40:50 PM

Failed V1.03 diff receiver boards by bud29
Today at 07:13:38 PM

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by Poporacer
Today at 07:08:31 PM

XLights Variant by Poporacer
Today at 06:56:52 PM