Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 67
Total: 72

4-String Differential SmartReceiver Board Questions

Started by sklankowski, June 07, 2019, 08:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

te37

To add to this, I will be running a few of these board in my set up this year. I have been programming xlights to tell the falcon controller that certain things are on certain ports like port 1, port 2 etc... but when I get down to 17 and I want to split it up to 17a, 17b, and 17c how can I tell xlights that I have port "17" divided up into 3?

p.s. I have all the hardware set up and ran the test sequences. I can get things to light up individually through the falcon dashboard.

@TxBillbr I do have heatsinks on my 7805s on my differential boards, time and temperature kills electronic components.
Here is the link to what I have on my 7805 7805 Heatsink (Mouser PN: 532-507302B00)

algerdes

Quote from: David Pitts on August 10, 2019, 04:23:22 PMThere is a legend indicating the jumper settings on the back of each Smartreceiver.

off, off = Regular Receiver
off, on = A
on, off = B
on , on = C
Thanks for this information David.  I didn't see it, and all my receivers (smart and regular) have already been mounted in TA200 boxes.
Another piece of information that would be helpful is the settings for T1, T2, T3,and T4 (either jumpers or the newer switches).  I understand that these may be to activate the terminator for each of the four independent data feeds. 

Is this correct?
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

LazerBlue

Quote from: algerdes on September 08, 2019, 10:34:03 AM
Quote from: David Pitts on August 10, 2019, 04:23:22 PMAnother piece of information that would be helpful is the settings for T1, T2, T3,and T4 (either jumpers or the newer switches).  I understand that these may be to activate the terminator for each of the four independent data feeds. 

Is this correct?

I'm wondering the same thing about the other switches and have been searching all day for the answer.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jingle bell Lights 210

Q#1  when using a smart receiver v1.01 the same way you would use a four string differential receiver v1.01 I cannot get any data to the smart receiver  When used as an expansion paired with F 16 differential expansion version two I cannot get any data I tried for hours last night I know I'm on the right path just something is slipping by me... I do have the smart receiver on normal running mode I have T1 T2 t3  and T4 on the on position 12v powers supply and e1.31 from the f16v3

Jingle bell Lights 210

solved the problem it ended up being the rj45 output  on the f16 differential expansion v2.00 wasn't getting a good connection after adjusting it now the channel works fine...

arw01

Had a few boards over the years not get a good solder flow on the RJ45 connectors, pressure one way or another would make the work or not work.  Found inspecting them and heating up the pads with the soldering iron always completely solved any that seemed a little flaky.

fade

Hi, apologies in advance if this is not the right place to ask, but I had question about the new SmartReceivers as well.

The manual says that they need at least 5.3V to operate in smart mode. If you are running 5V ws2812 strips how do you accommodate that? Can you use a standard 5V power supply or do you need a special power supply that will guarantee 5.3V even under load? From what I can see on the web, the safe maximum for ws2812 is around 5.2V, so how does work with the 5.3V requirement for the SmartReceiver? Or is the SmartReceiver (in smart mode) not really compatible with ws2812 pixels?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment :)