Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 68
Total: 75

new falcon pi issues

Started by sabie, July 25, 2014, 07:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabie

new falcon pi b+ does not recognize the Ethernet port when booting being i'm new to this i went to wiki and followed directions i also reloaded the sd card again and boots with same results no Ethernet port

MyKroFt

Quote from: sabie on July 25, 2014, 07:02:37 PM
new falcon pi b+ does not recognize the Ethernet port when booting being i'm new to this i went to wiki and followed directions i also reloaded the sd card again and boots with same results no Ethernet port

The B+ has a new chipset for the ethernet/usb - our current image does not have support for this chipset yet - if you have a B, you can "sudo apt-get update" "sudo apt-get upgrade" from the CLI, shutdown and then put it in the B+ and it will boot up - please note - this is unsupported ATM, but has been reported to work

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,1065.msg11220.html#msg11220

Tony

JerryPlak

do you have a pi b also ?
Tony beat me to the info
Jerry Plak

sabie

no i only have the b+ WILL THE B+ LOAD THE WIRELESS ADAPTER  SO I CAN UPDATE? OR DOES ANYONE KNOW

CaptainMurdoch

Yes it should but you won't have any way to configure it. We could give you a sample config file to put on the USB stick if you want to try that to get it on your network via wireless until we have the new SD image ready.

We are also looking at making a new SD image that supports the B+, but are running into audio quality issues when we boot that image on a regular B so we are looking for a solution.  We don't want to have to have two separate images for the B and B+.

-
Chris

MyKroFt

wireless will not work either because its the same chip doing ethernet/usb

I could make a new image, model B and model B+ version, but it will not auto install, you would have to temp hookup a monitor and keyboard to select from the menu for initial install

Tony

sabie

wireless will not work either because its the same chip doing ethernet/usb

I could make a new image, model B and model B+ version, but it will not auto install, you would have to temp hookup a monitor and keyboard to select from the menu for initial install

Tony

hey i can do that can
can you email me image

11Bravo

I was thinking about getting a Raspberry Pi B+.  when do you expect the update to come out?

MyKroFt

Current image supports both models now

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

11Bravo

Good deal,  Thank you for the reply and info.

11Bravo

How does the Ras Clock connect to the Raspberry?
Do I need to order a cable also when I order the clock?

MyKroFt

It fits on the standard header so no cable is required

Tony

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk