Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 70
Total: 74

R WU 50/100 Square Pixel Length

Started by StinkyPete1211, September 16, 2019, 11:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkyPete1211

Been lurking for a while and finally getting my feet wet this year with pixels. Since I don't want to be short on lights, does anyone know how long the 50 bullet and 100 square pixels are from R Wu? I sent him an email a few weeks ago never received a response.

TIA

StinkyPete1211

Reposting since I can figure out how to edit OP

Been lurking for a while and finally getting my feet wet this year with pixels. Since I don't want to be short on lights, does anyone know how long the 50 bullet and 100 square pixels are from R Wu? I sent him an email a few weeks ago never received a response.

TIA

rstehle

If you multiply the # of nodes by the spacing, you will get the length...... ;D

jnealand

Quoted spacing between pixels is actually the distance between the solder points (or the length of the piece of wire used between solder points) and is (in my experience) an average,  4" spacing is probably closer to 3.5" actual spacing.  I always order more than I need so I have some of the same batch/lot for repairs and replacement.  One of the beauties of pixels is that one can cut a string at any point, unlike the old AC lights.  Or you can add a few pixels if needed to complete a prop.  Lots to learn here.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

StinkyPete1211

Thanks for the tip! The specs doesn't haves specs for spacing listed. I'll go with 3.5 and will make sure to order extra.