News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15492
Latest: Robnation13
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 28
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 127032
Total Topics: 15585
Most Online Today: 66
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 48
Total: 53

1 Bad Output of F4 Differential Receiver Board v1.00

Started by toml8345, November 14, 2019, 05:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toml8345

Output PT1 has stopped working on one of my F4 Differential Receiver Boards v1.00.  The problem surfaced last year, but I had extra outputs, so I did not try to resolve the issue.  It was suggested at the time to replace the AM26LS32ACN chip.  My replacement chips just arrived but did not fix the problems.  

With the deadline bearing down on me I just ordered a new Diff Rcvr Smart board, but I would still like try to fix this unit to have as a backup.

Emuney18

Check the little pins inside the rj45.  Try different cat5 cable. Also check the solder on the pixel outputs.  Also check the output connector and plugs to make sure they look normal and have the pins inside.  Can you swap a different receiver board and verify that it's not the ribbon cable?  Assuming you know the lights are good, that's all I can suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toml8345

Quote from: Emuney18 on November 14, 2019, 06:43:01 PMCheck the little pins inside the rj45 .  Try different cat5 cable. Also check the solder on the pixel outputs.  Also check the output connector and plugs to make sure they look normal and have the pins inside.  Can you swap a different receiver board and verify that it's not the ribbon cable?  Assuming you know the lights are good, that's all I can suggest.

I checked the pins inside the rj45, no apparent issues.  I had already tried different cat5 cables.  Inspection of the solder joints looks good on the Output, but I was not able to get them to reflow when I applied an iron.  I am using the F4V3, so no ribbon cables, and my other Diff Rcvr works perfectly with the same port on the Expansion Board with the same Cat5 cable.  All the pins seem to be intact in the output.  Lights work as expected when I move them to any of the other Outputs on the board.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.

Emuney18

Well then it's probably one of 3 things since you changed the chip.
Either rj45 pin is disconnected inside
Phoenix 3-pin connector is bad
Trace on board is bad.

Simplest test:
Do you get voltage if you put a meter on the 3-pin Phoenix pins on the board?  Maybe someone could tell you how to test the data line.  Maybe this part is bad which would be the easiest fix.

If you had parts I would remove the 3-pin connector from the board and try a new one.  If it still doesn't work I would remove the rj45 and try a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taybrynn

I just had a similar thing happen with one original version 4 port receiver board ... I lost 2 ports, and not sure if its related or now ... but I added a 4th diff board this year, but it was a new 2019 version:  4-String Differential SmartReceiver Board ... and that new board worked on all 4 channels, but for some reason the 1 string diff receiver board before it, stopped work on ports 1 and 2.  I'm not sure but it could be that mixing the boards subjected it to some limitation caused by the new boards daisy chain capabilities.  But long story short, could not get the for two ports to work on any channel range without having crazy flickering and colors, but no control.  So I finally just moved those two channels up about 15' to my upper roof where I had the new smart receiver board ... and used them on ports 2 and 3 there no problem.  Boy I wasted literally a day or more on that.  At this point my #2 diff revr board is onlyt two two channels, but that is ok.  I probably should upgrade them all to the new board because I really like them and having the test capability and data leds is so nice.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Fpp 6.2 ui password by Mat-Moo
Today at 05:36:26 AM

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by dkulp
Today at 05:27:12 AM

Remote Relay Control by MGHaff007
Today at 05:03:25 AM

Unable to donate on PayPal by darylc
Today at 04:15:05 AM

Pi zero 2w by Sawdust
Today at 12:25:33 AM