Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 26
Total: 27

FPP 3.5.1 Released

Started by dkulp, November 11, 2019, 01:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkulp

This is an optional bug fix release that contains a few fixes for issues encountered by users and a couple of minor enhancements.

Enhancements:
  • Add a UI warning if sound device cannot be opened. Also stop the current playlist item instead of hanging there.
  • Change minimum year in Scheduler to 2019 instead of 2014
  • Add "POST" method for all commands to allow easier sending of characters that are hard to encode/decode as part of the URL
  • Eliminate popups on MultiSync page for unreachable instances
  • Added an "All Lights Off" command

Bug Fixes:
  • Fix GPIO input page so events properly display
  • Fix crashes with URL event/commands
  • Fix some crashes while trying to convert Events to new JSON
  • Fix crash if MCP23017 is configured for output
  • Fix overlapping text if multiple UI warnings

Upgrade Instructions:
If you have a system running 3.5, you can go to the FPP about page (about.php) and click on the "Manual Update" button. It should only take a minute or two to upgrade.

For older version, it's recommended to grab the 3.5.1 image from the bottom of https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/3.5.1 , install that, and then hit the "Manual Update" button on the about page.
Daniel Kulp - https://kulplights.com

Cjlocey

Thank you Dan.  YOU ARE AWESOME
Running display on 20 pi's with picaps.....no controllers
Some said it could not be done!  15091 pixels and growing!
xLights & FPP - marriage made in pixel heaven

twooly

Just did a fresh install of two devices, BBB and PI, under playlist/FPP Command I do not see a lights off command in the drop down on either.  Used the 3.5.1 image on both.  Maybe I'm missing something.

JonB256

Quote from: twooly on November 13, 2019, 10:00:50 AMJust did a fresh install of two devices, BBB and PI, under playlist/FPP Command I do not see a lights off command in the drop down on either.  Used the 3.5.1 image on both.  Maybe I'm missing something.

It is there in Master Branch (as of a few hours ago :) )
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

twooly

Quote from: JonB256 on November 13, 2019, 08:15:26 PM
Quote from: twooly on November 13, 2019, 10:00:50 AMJust did a fresh install of two devices, BBB and PI, under playlist/FPP Command I do not see a lights off command in the drop down on either.  Used the 3.5.1 image on both.  Maybe I'm missing something.

It is there in Master Branch (as of a few hours ago :) )

I get it would be in master I was just expecting it to be in the release branch since it was mentioned it was in that release.  I don't use the master unless I'm actually testing something new and these new devices will no longer be testing but ready for showtime.

dkulp

Yea... I created it on the branch, but to forgot to wire it into the command list so it wouldn't appear.  :(
Daniel Kulp - https://kulplights.com

twooly

Quote from: dkulp on November 14, 2019, 08:49:31 AMYea... I created it on the branch, but to forgot to wire it into the command list so it wouldn't appear.  :(

No worries Dan.....you are doing lots of things.  Thanks for everything!

RWS92

Looked at the new image instructions and the link to the video is only for BBB.  Is there anything out there for the PI?  I just burned the image to my reformated SD and started it up hooked to a monitor and it does not load.

JonB256

There are two very different images. If you used the BBB image in a Pi, it won't boot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

RWS92

No, that I got.  Just on the update instructions there is a great video....but only if you are using BBB.

Just wondered if there was one out there for Pi in that there are a ton of old ones (some I watched when I did my first install) but not for the upgrade from old or just a new install that I could find.  

I tried with the image and it is not working and I had zero issues when I did this the first time so I figure it is probably something small that I didn't do and just not seeing.

Poporacer

There are step by step instructions in the FPP Manual located here: https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual.pdf
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

RWS92

Thanks for the manual.  I have been looking but everything I found on the net ties back to the one I already had that is several years old.

Poporacer

Quote from: RWS92 on November 15, 2019, 12:33:29 PMThanks for the manual.  I have been looking but everything I found on the net ties back to the one I already had that is several years old.
You are welcome, it is also part of FPP if you go to the About tab. If you could let me know if it helped you and if there was anything that was confusing, I would appreciate it!
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Warning/Error: Network incomplete frames hit 250. by JonD
February 06, 2023, 04:10:22 PM

F16V3 with 2 expansion boards at 40 fps MAX PIXELS per output? by tbone321
February 06, 2023, 10:51:55 AM

F48V4-NS at 40 fps using all 48 pixel output ports? by Poporacer
February 06, 2023, 10:27:09 AM

Unable to update RPi 5.5 to latest version by JonB256
February 05, 2023, 07:23:16 PM

help getting started, next step? by rayster
February 05, 2023, 04:24:09 PM