Total Topics: 15557
Most Online Today: 105
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 64
Total: 70

HELP! Pixel Color Inversion Halfway into 4th Arch.

Started by anthonyfain, December 02, 2019, 10:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyfain

Setup: FPP -> F4v3 -> 1 300W Power Supply -> 25 Ft. 18/3 cable. 4 Arches with 2.5 M of 60/20 pixel strips (50 Pixels per Arch).

Connected my 4th arch last night and the colors invert halfway down the arch. I've tried reducing the power to see if that helps, but I'm all the way down the 30% and no difference.

I've ruled out damaged strip by plugging this arch directly to the controller to test it and it's fine.

Am I experiencing data loss? Or is it more likely that this is the start of Universe 2 and that universe would be inverted?

Any suggestions would be great.

K-State Fan

Have you miss matched universe sizes 510 vs 512.  I this error is showing up about 170 pixels in that is where I would look.

rstehle

Are you injecting power?  We usually inject power after approx. 100 pixels when using 12v.

anthonyfain

I am not injecting power. I was hoping to be able to get around this by reducing the brightness. I didn't think it was a power issue as the brightness is consistent from the first pixel in the first arch to the last pixel in the 4th arch. 

I do need to take a look at the universe sizes though. i have my FPP assigned 510 channels per universe.