News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15464
Latest: BroJam22
New This Month: 87
New This Week: 4
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 126806
Total Topics: 15542
Most Online Today: 107
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 64
Total: 71

2 of 3 Smart Receivers not outputting lights

Started by RWS92, December 12, 2019, 03:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWS92

Using all 3 of the 2nd expansion board.  NOT daisy chaining so set in the mode for an old standalone receiver (not A,B or C position for the mode settings).  I received terminator boards for all 3 so they are currently on.  

The one on output "A" of the expansion board that runs strings 1 - 8 of my new mega tree works and is of the type that has the mode and terminator dip switches.  That is the one that works.

The other two have a dip for mode and jumpers for the terminators for the ports.  I don't know if that would have anything to do with anything but is the only differnce I can see between the one that is working and the two that do not.

This issue is not the cat 5.  I moved the cables from outputs "b" and "c" over to the working one and the color wash test worked so data is good.  When the cat 5 is plugged in to those two board the data leds are all off ...expected and all.

All terminator jumpers and dip settings are "on" per the manual.

Any ideas?  The boards all output test from the internal test setting before I moved it outside and hooked everything to my F16.

RWS92

Well, seems I probably just got two defective smart boards.  I pulled another I had in storage and swapped out one not functioning (both had identical settings jumper wise) and it worked right away.  :-(

jhoybs

I feel your pain, I've had 3 of 5 failures with my smart receivers.
Jim H - Muskego, WI
Falcon F16v3, F4v3, PiCap, FPPs. Lynx Expresses, xLights

RWS92

Quote from: jhoybs on December 13, 2019, 05:25:50 AMI feel your pain, I've had 3 of 5 failures with my smart receivers.
Luckily a while back I had purchased some solder yourself to finish JBoards (had like 5 for $40 and I figured would be a good project to practice soldering pcbs).  I swapped out the smart receivers with those and they work like champs.  Guess jumping on the early adopter for the smart receivers was not necessarily a great idea...will have to mess with the non functioning ones to see if salvageable.