Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 62
Total: 69

Wireframes

Started by jem5136, December 17, 2019, 11:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jem5136

So this is a totally non-light display question, but I have some old wireframes with incans on then that is like to switch to LED (and possibly add to the show in later years). My question is how? I've never rewired a wireframe and I'm not sure where to start. I know I'll want to use multiple colors as well. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emuney18

Do they have motion?  How many different colors per frame?  You can mix and match bulbs as needed to get what you need.  I would use commercial strings and not the cheap lights from department stores because it's going to take some time and you don't want to have to replace it anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

algerdes

Before answering, need to ask...  
What do you mean by "LED"?  AC LEDs, or pixels?
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Jeffl

I did a Santa that had an incandescent mess on it and converted it to 170 pixels.  I'm not sure it was worth the work but it is cool given all the control you have and unlimited affects.

jem5136

One of them has motion- it's a Santa with a waving hand. I'm wanting them to all be LEDs (not pixels). If I add them to the display, they will remain LED's. I just want to add them as a static piece on the side of the house (live on a corner lot). I've found some light covers at christmas-leds.com which seem pretty promising.