News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15474
Latest: Sobal44
New This Month: 96
New This Week: 11
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 126881
Total Topics: 15557
Most Online Today: 105
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 70
Total: 74

xLights Effect

Started by asianfalcon, December 18, 2019, 08:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asianfalcon

Hello
Been looking around and could not find anything. Can anyone help me with an effect. I am wanting to have the lights go on/off to mimic that of a heart beat. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

dekraspencer

For a heartbeat, what I'd do is to use two layers on your model. Using the "On" effect in the color you want, and in the "Layer Blending" options panel, adjust your "In Transition" to "Fade" and "Out Transition" also to "Fade." I think 0.2 In and 0.5 Out looks okay, just playing with it briefly, but you can adjust as you like. Butt your in-transition and out-transition together by changing the length of the effect to your In Transition time plus your Out Transition time. Copy and paste that short effect onto your second layer and offset it from the first effect to mimic the rhythm of a heartbeat. Copy and past both as desired.

You can also look into trying to use the green arrow next to the value entry field for "Brightness," if you wanna get real finicky about it. I like in/out transitions for most operations, myself.