News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15486
Latest: Cousin_Eddie
New This Month: 108
New This Week: 22
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 126958
Total Topics: 15571
Most Online Today: 108
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 44
Total: 52

diff smart receiver on old firmware?

Started by Aaron Maue, January 13, 2020, 01:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Maue

If I'm using a differential smart receiver in "normal" mode (where they work like the old, traditional receivers), do I still need to update the firmware in the controller?

I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" plan, so if I don't need to update to the latest firmware, I likely won't.

rudybuddy

Aaron Maue

Yeah.  Don't have the receiver yet (have some dumb ones that are already planned for use).  Also didn't want to have a "sometimes it works" solution trick me into thinking I was good to go.  Probably gonna order a couple to check it out, but thought I'd ask here first.

Aaron Maue

Found a line in the manual for the smart receiver - looks like they can work as traditional receivers on controllers with older firmware.

taybrynn

I used the new diff smart rcvr with an F16v2 diff expansion ... in traditional mode.  Worked.  However, I had an old red diff rcvr board which seemed to freak out once I added that newer board ... first, 1 channel started to flicker, then 2 channels ... eventually 3 channels of the 4 on the old board stopped working.   I ended up moving those failed channels to the new smart rcvr board and everything worked fine.  To make things more complicated, I actually had 1 red board (oldest), 1 white board rcvr, and one of the newest white board smart recievers.  They worked together, but I am not so sure the old red board diff rcvr played nicely with the newer boards.  Anyways, plan going forward is to use all new smart rcvr boards ... and see if they work in the smart mode, as I'm usng the newest beta firmware for F16v2, but doesn't seem to be a new enough version according to the manual for the smart diff rcvr board.  I also really like those newest smart rcvr boards because it had data led(s) and also test mode button.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Christmas 2022 Lights by ShadowLight8
Today at 05:54:00 PM

FPP and projector by morrydavis
Today at 05:42:57 PM

Remote Relay Control by MGHaff007
Today at 05:42:01 PM

E1.31 data not getting to WLED controller by morrydavis
Today at 05:41:06 PM

Does FPP include an operating NTP server? by breese
Today at 05:11:29 PM