News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15497
Latest: packhawk
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 33
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 127084
Total Topics: 15590
Most Online Today: 98
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 40
Total: 45

Enclosure Rebuild

Started by LedMutt, April 03, 2020, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LedMutt

First enclosure rebuild...few more to do, sharing a few pics of build..
You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.

algerdes

Don't get me wrong, I like the setup.
Curiosity is getting to me, and I really don't know the answer. 

What is the purpose of the DIN Rail units?
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Sawdust

Hmmm....I didn't build this, but I would do same/similar to extend the pigtail length.

algerdes

Whenever we used DIN rails, it was as a point to connect wiring that was coming in from all over the hospital.  Was quite handy for that function as we could rewire when necessary and not touch the actual cabling to the outer closets, it was well worth the time to put them in.

Since our DIYC controller enclosures have a pig-tail connection literally within a foot or two, is there a need for the DIN?  Of course, there may be other things going on here such as a buss (one in, many out).

I do have to say that the organization of this unit is quite well done.
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

k6ccc

For starters - you are using DIN rail terminal strips, and you used ferrules on each wire.  I'm impressed.

Noted however that it appears that output strips 12 - 16 are being used only as fused power outputs.  Nothing wrong with that - I have done it myself.  However I would have wired the data outputs to the terminal strips for those five outputs so it is already done WHEN (not if) you change something and need one or more of those five outputs.

I would have preferred not to use the double layer terminals (the yellow ones) as the bottom row (appears to be the pixel string power) would be hard to get to with the top row of wires in place.  However, you did not have much choice as you did not have physical room to use all single row terminals.

I could not entirely figure out your power distribution, or entirely what you are doing with strings.  Part of that is simply because the wires are bundled and I could not follow them.

Overall however - it looks very nice.
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
My show website:  http://newburghlights.org

Jim

k6ccc

BTW, where in southern California are you?
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.

Jim

LedMutt

To algerdes thank you,the purpose of the DIN rail connectors is to have easy access and view of the fuses in case one blows..with the pigtails directly connected to the output it would be hidden..

LedMutt

To k6ccc thank you, power distribution is at the bottom layer, I know am wasting outputs, but this controller is only for a matrix..and am close to north Long Beach area..

algerdes

Quote from: LedMutt on April 04, 2020, 03:43:24 AMTo algerdes thank you,the purpose of the DIN rail connectors is to have easy access and view of the fuses in case one blows..with the pigtails directly connected to the output it would be hidden..
I can see that.  Thanks for the explanation.

LedMutt

To k6ccc, not one..two within a mile...

k6ccc

Quote from: LedMutt on April 05, 2020, 03:33:26 PMTo k6ccc, not one..two within a mile...
Since no one else knows what that was about, it is a response to part of a PM where I had commented about his house being very close to an In-N-Out.  I also have two close by, but both just over a mile away...

Jim

LedMutt

PM was not working for me...tried in a few times in different computers and same result..

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Think I found a bug/corner case...please help by cooper5389
Today at 05:43:57 AM

Fpp 6.2 ui password by Mat-Moo
Today at 01:31:11 AM

Controller not keeping accurate time by jnealand
December 01, 2022, 09:38:16 PM

Raspberry PI 4 won't connect to WIFI by Poporacer
December 01, 2022, 07:28:48 PM

BRP Voting Plugin - Allow others to vote for your songs! by Barkers Random Projects
December 01, 2022, 07:20:53 PM

All pixels group ON effect by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 06:48:00 PM

FPP 6.2 Playlist/FPP Command/Run Script vs. Playlist/Script by richardln2
December 01, 2022, 06:16:19 PM

Help--Can't Get Sequence to Output by Oxytousc
December 01, 2022, 05:07:12 PM

Set Time/Date by breese
December 01, 2022, 04:07:57 PM

Differential Receiver Board Ports w/ F48 corrupted data by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 02:58:25 PM