Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 98
Total: 104

1 model with multiple string ports

Started by nayrma, June 27, 2020, 08:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nayrma

I have a matrix set up that has 2 strings in it.  One string is 500 in length and the second is 400.  The strings are connected to ports 13a and 14a on the smart receiver.  Because I have one model, there is not an option to indicate that I have a separate port for the second string.  Do I need to redefine my model so that I have 2 models but in a single group for a matrix?  That feels wrong but I don't see any other way to be able to define multiple string in one model.

I thought that providing individual start nodes would give the option to define a specific port for the other string in the model but that didn't work

Attaching a couple of screenshots to show the current model configuration

kenoman742

I had a similar issue with my mega tree. It has 24 strands of 60 nodes. I am running it off of 3 output ports on a F4V2 controller. I divide the tree into 3 strings with 480 nodes and 8 strands per string. That allowed me to assign individual start channels to each string. I have attached an image of the model setup. You might be able to use something similar on your matrix.
You cannot view this attachment.

Poporacer

Quote from: kenoman742 on June 27, 2020, 10:35:19 AMI divide the tree into 3 strings with 480 nodes and 8 strands per string. That allowed me to assign individual start channels to each string.
If your strings are equal length, and your channels are contiguous, then there is no need to set individual start channels, xLights will take care of it for you. It looks like you are using some odd Universe numbering to get each port to start on the first channel in a Universe? That can bite you later on down the road.

Quote from: nayrma on June 27, 2020, 08:37:44 AMBecause I have one model, there is not an option to indicate that I have a separate port for the second string.  Do I need to redefine my model so that I have 2 models but in a single group for a matrix? 
I do the exact same thing but on a little larger scale.

Because your ports do not have an equal number of pixels, you have to make it a Custom model. Change your Matrix to be one string, 900 nodes/string and the correct number of strands per string. Then right click and export as a custom xLights model. Then on your layout add a new custom import and select the custom model you made. Replace your Matrix with this model. Then change the # strings to 2 and select the individual start nodes. The set string 1 to start at 1 and string 2 to start at 501. That should take care of it!
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

show locks me out of falcon player by torn8o
Today at 03:11:47 PM

FPP - Video not playing but audio is by Djphill_2003
Today at 02:56:43 PM

Testing pixel on port 9 not working by JonD
Today at 02:52:17 PM

F16v3 Won't boot or power on by JonD
Today at 02:32:36 PM

Remote Pi connection issues by JonD
Today at 02:07:40 PM