Members: 3
Guests: 44
Total: 47

unexpected smart reciever output

Started by pennymoor, November 30, 2020, 05:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennymoor

Hi
I have a f16v3 with1 expansion board and 2 version1 smart receivers (not daisy chained) all running at about 5.2 volts, i have 4 small matrix's connected to the first receiver and 2 connected to the second and a whole house matrix & 10 trees connected to the f16
If i run a sequence every thing runs fine the problem is with no sequence running the first 10 pixels on matrix 2 and 3 on the first smart receiver come on a white/blue and will not turn off. I have swapped out the receiver, the power supply, the leads, the pixels, even remapped a different output port on the expansion board and nothing changes. The only way i can get these pixels to turn off is to disconnect the rj45 cable for this smart receiver from the expansion board. I cannot turn the power off at night parts of this are powered from neighbors houses (display spreads across 3 houses) and all port appear to be mapped correctly as i can test each port and each pixel will light correctly for the port
Does anyone have any ideas on what is or I am doing wrong.

K-State Fan

Do you have blank ports on the smart receiver?

pennymoor

thank K-State Fan this worked but i also found i had them set as 17a,18a,19a,20a  in the controller settings which means i had them set for smart receivers when i am really using them as  dumb receivers
But all working now thanks again. :)