News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15476
Latest: mergeink
New This Month: 98
New This Week: 13
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 126888
Total Topics: 15559
Most Online Today: 105
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 56
Total: 63

xLights - Layout & Controller universe mismatch

Started by Colly, December 18, 2020, 09:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colly

Hi All,
Very much new to xLights this year and have struggled at times, just like right now. I'll try to summarise as best I can. In xLights I've added (and deleted) some strings to my layout and tried to upload to FPP and found I couldn't get it to work. On closer review I see that in my layout tab I have 19 universes with the last one starting at channel 9280 and finishing at 9429. However on my controller tab it shows channels 1 - 9728. I would've had extra channels at some stage with adding and eventually deleting the additional unwanted strings from my layout. Is it as simple as somehow refreshing in xLights so that the controller matches the layout channels? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Colly

JonB256

While you don't want to carry the "burden" of thousands of extra channels for programming and data, the difference between 9429 and 9728 is of Zero consequence. It's the kind of thing I'd worry about. :) 
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

Colly

OK so I have a different issue then. I wrongly assumed the mismatch was causing me an issue with FPP. ???