News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15497
Latest: packhawk
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 33
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 127083
Total Topics: 15590
Most Online Today: 98
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 66
Total: 72

A page turning effect?

Started by toozie21, January 02, 2021, 04:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toozie21

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on January 05, 2021, 10:03:38 PM
Quote from: toozie21 on January 05, 2021, 03:02:18 PMOuch, good to know. I would think that there are probably hooks though that I could trigger? Then I could have an app or script running on the OS to trigger FPP itself. Or am I totally off base here?

You can start playlists or sequences via the REST API.  Browse to

http://yourfppip/api/commands

for more info on the available commands and their args.  These are callable from a playlist, via the REST API, and via MQTT.

OK, this sounds promising. Script/app on the linux side receiving the serial commands. Then use REST/MQTT to lock off different playlists. Sound about right?
~Jason
www.tooz.us

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: toozie21 on January 06, 2021, 07:49:16 AMOK, this sounds promising. Script/app on the linux side receiving the serial commands. Then use REST/MQTT to lock off different playlists. Sound about right?

Yes, if you are running the capture script on the Pi/BBB, you could use REST or CLI to start a playlist.
-
Chris

toozie21

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on January 06, 2021, 10:00:57 AM
Quote from: toozie21 on January 06, 2021, 07:49:16 AMOK, this sounds promising. Script/app on the linux side receiving the serial commands. Then use REST/MQTT to lock off different playlists. Sound about right?

Yes, if you are running the capture script on the Pi/BBB, you could use REST or CLI to start a playlist.

Perfect! I'll try to report back again soon, though I'm sure I'll have more questions for you along the way .
~Jason
www.tooz.us

toozie21

Chris,

My panels are 2 wide by 3 tall. Is it possible for me to turn that 90 degrees clockwise? I figure worst case I have to make the animations sideways, and then when I turn my prop physically it will look OK, but I have to imagine that this is doable.
~Jason
www.tooz.us

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: toozie21 on January 08, 2021, 04:51:17 PMChris,

My panels are 2 wide by 3 tall. Is it possible for me to turn that 90 degrees clockwise? I figure worst case I have to make the animations sideways, and then when I turn my prop physically it will look OK, but I have to imagine that this is doable.

On the LED panel config screen, you can rotate your panels however you want.  If you have 64x32 P5 panels, you could put those in a 2-wide by 3-tall config for 128 wide by 96 tall or you could rotate that whole display 90 degrees so you had 3 columns of 2 panels each turned on their side for a 128 tall by 96 wide matrix.  Setup xLights for a 96 wide by 128 tall matrix horizontal matrix.  128 strings of 96 pixels each with top left orientation on the matrix.  in FPP just rotate the panels in the LED Panel config UI and set the output and panel numbers to match how you have physically hooked up the panels.
-
Chris

toozie21

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on January 09, 2021, 12:17:16 AM

On the LED panel config screen, you can rotate your panels however you want.  If you have 64x32 P5 panels, you could put those in a 2-wide by 3-tall config for 128 wide by 96 tall or you could rotate that whole display 90 degrees so you had 3 columns of 2 panels each turned on their side for a 128 tall by 96 wide matrix.  Setup xLights for a 96 wide by 128 tall matrix horizontal matrix.  128 strings of 96 pixels each with top left orientation on the matrix.  in FPP just rotate the panels in the LED Panel config UI and set the output and panel numbers to match how you have physically hooked up the panels.
Chris, when you say LED panel config screen, do you mean using ColorLight?
Because it seems I modify xLights and FPP only, it still does not work. 

Attached is the FPP capture.
You cannot view this attachment.

Then in xLights I setup the matrix and the a simple fseq (both attached).

Lastly, I've uploaded a crappy picture of what I see in the display. Currently the display is laying on its side because I wanted to test it in its "natural" orientation.  The edge on the right in the picture was the side I was //intending// to be the bottom.  So if you imagine the display rotated CW 90 degrees, that was how I was imagining it outside.

Last night I tried so many permutations, but no luck.  I am missing something somewhere, maybe it is the colorlight portion, I have no idea (I only touched that in the initial setup).  Any thoughts?
~Jason
www.tooz.us

Kensington Graves

If you're using a Colorlight card, you need to set up the panels and card to match.  It looks like your Colorlight may only set up for one panel.  I got the repeating pattern last week when I was was messing around with some of my P10s, and I think it was when I had only set up the receiver for one panel and tried driving multiples.

toozie21

Quote from: Kensington Graves on January 09, 2021, 09:32:54 AMIf you're using a Colorlight card, you need to set up the panels and card to match.  It looks like your Colorlight may only set up for one panel.  I got the repeating pattern last week when I was was messing around with some of my P10s, and I think it was when I had only set up the receiver for one panel and tried driving multiples.
OK, let me re-hook it up to that terrible software, I'll report back.  Thanks for all the time!
~Jason
www.tooz.us

toozie21

Actually, let me ask a followup.  I assume I set it up like normal in colorlight (the side-wise view in my case) since FPP and xLights will be compensating for the rotation?
~Jason
www.tooz.us

toozie21

Well, I am out of ideas.  I went to the ColorLight software and it actually looks like I had it setup correctly.

In this picture, you can see the panels showing everything.

And then if you look at these settings, I think it is right, but I am still having the fires split up in 3.  BUT, the fires are now laying on their side, so that is a little closer (it is just that there is a fire for each panel now.
~Jason
www.tooz.us

toozie21

I got it!!!!  I had forgotten to change the panel orientation (the arrows).  One I did that, everything was golden!  Thanks Chris. Next up is to figure out the MQTT stuff.
~Jason
www.tooz.us

Kensington Graves

Quote from: toozie21 on January 09, 2021, 09:55:16 AMActually, let me ask a followup.  I assume I set it up like normal in colorlight (the side-wise view in my case) since FPP and xLights will be compensating for the rotation?
As far as I understand, LEDVision can only configure panels in "landscape" mode, but once set up in landscape, FPP and xLights will both drive them however you have them oriented in the LED Panels tab in FPP.

Good to hear you got it working.  It's always the little things I'm *positive* I have set up correctly that are the problems.

toozie21

Quote from: Kensington Graves on January 09, 2021, 08:27:25 PM
Quote from: toozie21 on January 09, 2021, 09:55:16 AMActually, let me ask a followup.  I assume I set it up like normal in colorlight (the side-wise view in my case) since FPP and xLights will be compensating for the rotation?
As far as I understand, LEDVision can only configure panels in "landscape" mode, but once set up in landscape, FPP and xLights will both drive them however you have them oriented in the LED Panels tab in FPP.

Good to hear you got it working.  It's always the little things I'm *positive* I have set up correctly that are the problems.

Yeah, it makes sense. Kind like when you set things up with any pixels, you only change the RGB order in one place, else you will undo those changes that were compensated for.

It was getting annoying because I was methodically making changes knowing that it was just a matter of reworking things. But I totally forgot about those panel orientation arrows, that was the key.

It seems to be working really well right now.
~Jason
www.tooz.us

toozie21

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on January 09, 2021, 12:17:16 AM

Chris, got an odd question for you.  I am making pretty good progress here and there, but I see something odd.  My little video clips seem to be working OK, but when it is done running, the whole screen goes blue (every pixel).  I kind of was planning on the last frame being what was on there when the sequence ended and staying that way until told otherwise, but I can't seem to get around this all blue issue.  Any idea why it would do that?
~Jason
www.tooz.us

toozie21

Actually, I  just realized how to get the all Blue to go away by using the "Normal No Blue" "duration treatment."  So that is good.  Any way to get it to just freeze on the last frame instead?
~Jason
www.tooz.us

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Think I found a bug/corner case...please help by breese
Today at 04:19:41 AM

Fpp 6.2 ui password by Mat-Moo
Today at 01:31:11 AM

Controller not keeping accurate time by jnealand
December 01, 2022, 09:38:16 PM

Raspberry PI 4 won't connect to WIFI by Poporacer
December 01, 2022, 07:28:48 PM

BRP Voting Plugin - Allow others to vote for your songs! by Barkers Random Projects
December 01, 2022, 07:20:53 PM

All pixels group ON effect by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 06:48:00 PM

FPP 6.2 Playlist/FPP Command/Run Script vs. Playlist/Script by richardln2
December 01, 2022, 06:16:19 PM

Help--Can't Get Sequence to Output by Oxytousc
December 01, 2022, 05:07:12 PM

Set Time/Date by breese
December 01, 2022, 04:07:57 PM

Differential Receiver Board Ports w/ F48 corrupted data by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 02:58:25 PM