News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15524
Latest: fighteriris
New This Month: 32
New This Week: 20
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 127335
Total Topics: 15629
Most Online Today: 86
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 67
Total: 75

Problem with groups in xlights

Started by Nburlarley, February 18, 2021, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nburlarley

So I was sequencing for my Halloween light show in xlights, and I realized I didn't have a group. I had one called all house which had the whole house minus 2 floods and 4 pumpkins that each just had a string of 50 pixels (to put inside a pumpkin). I then realized I didn't have a group with everything in it including the floods and pumpkins. So I renamed the all house to all house - pumpkins floods. Then I added a new group containing everything and called that all house. I finish up in the sequence I was working on and didn't use the new all house group because it didn't work as I thought. I didn't delete the group though incase I wanted it later. I then go into a completed sequences to check an effect, and all the effects which were on the old all house group were gone and not on the all house - pumpkins flood group. I thought maybe It needed to be rendered, so I tried that, and they were still gone. I didn't add the new all house group yet because I didn't need it, but when I played the sequence, the old all house effects seemed to be working now except using the new all house group which included the pumpkins and floods. I quickly closed xlights and didn't save it to make sure I didn't lose the effects. So now I'm basically wondering how do I open one of the old backup files to get back xlights without the new all house group? I think there's a way but I just can't remember. Thanks for the help!

jem5136

It sounds like your group isn't showing up in your view. Open the sequence, click on "Display Elements" (button with 3 yellow boxes), you'll see a list of all your models and groups listed on the left side. Your group should be listed there. Simply click on it then click on the ">" button to add it to your view.

Nburlarley

Thank you very much jem5136. I was able to fix it by bringing up a old backup and saving it as the sequence. I think what the problem was is I named that group the same as the old one and it messed it up, but all good now!

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics