News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15532
Latest: travispauley
New This Month: 40
New This Week: 28
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 127446
Total Topics: 15647
Most Online Today: 74
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 70
Total: 75

How do I interface my old AC Renard controllers into Xlights.

Started by barnettd, February 28, 2021, 08:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnettd

Hello everyone

I am just getting started with Xlights and have been using Vixen 2.11 for the last 8 years in my shows.

I am wanting to get into pixels but still want to use my Renard controllers also due to the cost of everything I have into them and the lights.

Can someone guide me on how to incorporate these controllers into Xlights so I can add pixels to my shows next year???

Thanks you to everyone that helps.

Dave

jnealand

I never used renards, as I came from the Lynx world which is DMX.  So as long as you are running DMX on the renards you can run DMX out of most if not all Falcon controllers.  I'm using a falcon PiCap on Pi3B+.  The PiCap is also running one string of pixels, but can run two strings of pixels.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

barnettd

Right now I am running RS485 out to the Renard controllers, which runs from my show computer inside the house.  I plan on using a Raspberry Pi 4 to run the show in the future, with FPP running on it.  

My main problem right now is:  how do I add the AC props into the XLights software??

I cant add them as Pixel props because they are regular LED AC lights.  So I need to have someone guide me how to get them properly added to XLights.

Thanks everyone.....

Tbistr69

Quote from: barnettd on March 01, 2021, 01:49:32 PMMy main problem right now is:  how do I add the AC props into the XLights software??
You can add any props to your xlights layout and change the string property to single color, single channel, and address to the appropriate channel. There are many videos on youtube and at videos.xlights.org that show these steps.

Here is one for references:

Bill Robertson
Ontario, Canada

rayster

barnettd if you have not brought your pi yet get the 3b+ the 4's run hot and cost more. Those of us that tried the 4 went back to 3's no fans needed.
Ray
Using K8-B, Rpi 3b w/PiHat, Rpi 3b+ w/ PiHat, K4-PB