News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15474
Latest: Sobal44
New This Month: 96
New This Week: 11
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 126882
Total Topics: 15557
Most Online Today: 105
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 64
Total: 69

Xlights sending DDP data to FPP ?

Started by Magicmerly, March 25, 2021, 07:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicmerly

Hello There, I'm trying to control my F16 via FPP  from Xlights, FPP and F16 are connected happily I can control pixels from FPP and the F16. but when I try and send ANYTHING from Xlights (output to lights/testing) I get an abnormal condition in FPP where Xlights appears to be sending DDP data rather than the E131 configured, and my FPP doesn't like it and no lights come on, What am I doing wrong please or why is this ?You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Poporacer

If you want to "bypass" your FPP device and send the data from xLights to the F16, then you have to set the FPP to Bridge mode. When FPP is set to Player mode, you are telling it to be the "boss", but if you want xLights to be the "boss" you have to tell FPP to just bridge the data through. That error is telling you that you are trying to have 2 "bosses" and that is never a good thing!  You will need to configure the E1.31 inputs in FPP to match what you need to send out.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Magicmerly

Thank you PopoRacer that appears to have worked.

pixelpuppy

DDP is more efficient and the better choice when you have that option. 

You can send DDP to FPP on your 192.168.x.x home network and have it 'bridge' that data to E1.31 out to the Falcon on the 10.x.x.x show network.

Or, if you're running the latest version of firmware on the Falcon controller then you can run both controllers with the more efficient DDP and drop the less efficient E1.31
-Mark

JonB256

Quote from: pixelpuppy on March 25, 2021, 02:44:01 PMOr, if you're running the latest version of firmware on the Falcon controller then you can run both of the with more efficient DDP and drop the less efficient E1.31

F16v3 with v2.59 firmware did accept DDP perfectly. I pushed a LOT of data thru it. Only problem I had was a problem with a 2nd or 3rd Smart Receiver. Some data glitch that I never worked out.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user