News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15464
Latest: BroJam22
New This Month: 87
New This Week: 5
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 126805
Total Topics: 15541
Most Online Today: 107
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 73
Total: 77

Falcon Smart Differential Receiver Boards

Started by Matrix1991, October 18, 2021, 11:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nmiller0113

Quote from: JonD on October 20, 2021, 05:36:29 PM
Quote from: nmiller0113 on October 20, 2021, 10:15:13 AMI would suggest starting a separate thread on this alone as it's likely not controller-related.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I wasn't really wanting any one to help troubleshoot the sync issue.  I was really just curious if it was any faster.  Even if replacing the Falcon does not fix it, I will at least I will know it is not the Falcon.
No worries. My point is there isn't a faster issue. FPS is FPS. If you operate within the per port pixel spec for each controller, any FPS will match. As an example, there's no device that will do 40FPS faster than another device does 40FPS...otherwise, it wouldn't be 40FPS :)

JonD

#16
Quote from: nmiller0113 on October 20, 2021, 05:46:32 PMNo worries. My point is there isn't a faster issue. FPS is FPS. If you operate within the per port pixel spec for each controller, any FPS will match. As an example, there's no device that will do 40FPS faster than another device does 40FPS...otherwise, it wouldn't be 40FPS
Agreed in theory.  In theory a 1gb ethernet connection is a 1gb ethernet connection.  Though latency, throughput, switching capacity, default MTU, routing table size, MAC address table size will impact performance.  Not all 1gb ethernet switches are created equal, yet they are all still rated at 1gb. 

I again am not suggesting it is the problem, but I need to remove it from the equation.  The Falcon is after all manipulating data once it arrives.  (It can reverse the data, change color order, and etc.)  It does not seem unreasonable to eliminate it from being a possibility.

https://movie-sounds.org/comedy-movie-sounds/quotes-with-sound-clips-from-christmas-vacation-1989/talk-about-pissing-your-money-away   ;)

Poporacer

Quote from: JonD on October 19, 2021, 12:08:29 PMIs this because they have inventory of the 1.3 and not much of the 2.0?? Wish I would have known that... I just bought a bunch of the 1.3 boards this year and should have bought the 2.0 instead.
If you are using a V3 you do not get any of the additional features that the 2.0 boards provide, it will still act like a 1.x receiver.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

JonD

Quote from: Poporacer on October 21, 2021, 08:17:29 AMIf you are using a V3 you do not get any of the additional features that the 2.0 boards provide, it will still act like a 1.x receiver.
If I only had V3 controllers it would not matter I guess, but I have both versions 3 and 4.  Buying 2.0 boards would have allowed me to connect to either controller.  We add to the display every year and I often move controller boxes around to accommodate.  They are are only $20.00, but feel a little deceived.  I actually thought I had watched a product release video that indicated such and reached out to support and asked if they were backward compatible.  They did not respond to my question letting me assume it was because I could not read their website.  I bought a lot of 1.3 spares and built extra 1.3 boxes for backup that were not needed.  Of course I am not very happy, but I will get over it.

darylc

Quote from: nmiller0113 on October 19, 2021, 11:22:23 AMOh, and to also clarify...the v2 SmartReceivers can also work with the F16v3. You just need to set the dial to 1-3:

1-3 – F16V3 Smart Mode

Just to clarify, this is not the case.  This will not work with the v2 (blue) smart receivers that have been sold to date.

nmiller0113

@darylc this is a screenshot of the message I got from pixelcontroller support about a month ago that says they do. I was only quoting them.

You cannot view this attachment.

darylc

Quote from: nmiller0113 on November 05, 2021, 10:16:51 PM@darylc this is a screenshot of the message I got from pixelcontroller support about a month ago that says they do. I was only quoting them.

You cannot view this attachment.
@nmiller0113 That is not correct, feel free to contact them for clarification.

tbone321

They may be confusing the Ver 1 and 2 of the smart receiver with the progression of the differential receiver line and thinking of the original non chain-able differential receiver as Ver 1 and the first smart receiver as Ver 2 of the diff receiver line since in a way, that really is what it is.

nmiller0113

@darylc I'm sharing the entire thread so you can see the conversation. I'm not sure how many other ways there are to ask for clarity since you can see in the thread that I questioned what I was originally told. Who is the person behind the support email responses? Is it Keith or David?

@tbone321 based on the thread, they are definitely talking about the V2 Smart Receiver and not confusing it with the V1 or the Dumb Reciever.

I'm just the messenger here relaying info I got from pixelcontroller support :)

You cannot view this attachment.

nmiller0113

I reached out to David to get clarification on this based on @darylc feedback and here's what he had to say:

QuoteWe made them to be compatible. It was just recently found that the 1-3 modes do not work correctly. So SmartReceiver v2.00 will not work correctly with older F48's or the F16v3's but will work fine using mode 4-9 on new BBB firmware.

My apologies for causing any confusion or frustration here, I was only the messenger. Unfortunately, the first information I was given was incorrect. Thank you again to @darylc for asking me to confirm again! @JonD, hopefully, this is helpful to you as well!

stephenkamin

Quote from: JonD on October 19, 2021, 03:43:14 AMThe F16V3 boards use the 1.x Smart Receiver version.  Those boards can still be ordered at the Falcon store, but a couple weeks out.
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/expansion-boards-and-receivers/56-4-string-differential-receiver-board.html

The F16V4 boards require the version 2.0 series that is not compatible with the F16V3.  Those boards have been out of stock for a while.
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/expansion-boards-and-receivers/72-4-string-differential-receiver-v200-board.html
Apparently they ARE NOT available anymore.... 
the web site list them as " This Product is no longer in stock " BUT it does say 2 to 3 weeks...very confusing

Not sure what this means...as the discontinued v1 & v2 controller state the SAME words....
I also design and create items with Fusion 360 and 3D print things.
https://www.thingiverse.com/FeedbackSoundCompany

JonD

Quote from: stephenkamin on November 13, 2021, 10:27:46 PM
Quote from: JonD on October 19, 2021, 03:43:14 AMThe F16V3 boards use the 1.x Smart Receiver version.  Those boards can still be ordered at the Falcon store, but a couple weeks out.
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/expansion-boards-and-receivers/56-4-string-differential-receiver-board.html

The F16V4 boards require the version 2.0 series that is not compatible with the F16V3.  Those boards have been out of stock for a while.
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/expansion-boards-and-receivers/72-4-string-differential-receiver-v200-board.html
Apparently they ARE NOT available anymore....
the web site list them as " This Product is no longer in stock " BUT it does say 2 to 3 weeks...very confusing

Not sure what this means...as the discontinued v1 & v2 controller state the SAME words....
The version 2.0 have been out of stock for a long time.  The version 1.3 look like are out of stock now as well.  They will make more, but it may take a while to get them shipped in.

It is always a good idea to have few extra items on the shelf just in case.  You will not want to wait weeks for a replacement item.  If the show goes down... good luck getting anything shipped to you after November.

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod