Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 65
Total: 69

F-Amps wiring

Started by larryk5, November 11, 2021, 11:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryk5

I have some f-amps I'm adding pigtails to and was wondering if they are directional like pixels? They have an arrow on the one I have, but I have one wired, that works, but I wired it backwards! Tried e-mail and phone for David Pitts but haven't heard anything!

rayster

Yes they are directional! If I remember right power is just pass though but the chip is not, it may be letting data though but not amplifying it. If you are putting pigtails on them why not just attach them straight to the pixel string? I found that all connector may add another point of failure and add resistance to the line. On a couple of my bigger props I need 3 f-amp went though and removed the connector and went down to one f-amp.

Enjoy the hobby!
Ray
Using K8-B, Rpi 3b w/PiHat, Rpi 3b+ w/ PiHat, K4-PB

larryk5

Thanks! I don't really know if I'll need them, but I'm putting in some new props and I want to have them ready!

pixelpuppy

Quote from: larryk5 on November 11, 2021, 11:32:53 AMwas wondering if they are directional like pixels
Yep, wired just like a pixel.   They can be powered from either end, but DATA is directional and must be wired with Data-IN and Data-OUT oriented correctly.
-Mark