Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 39
Total: 44

Water proof power supplies

Started by Adbrig4, November 30, 2021, 09:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adbrig4

Hello, has anyone used any of the outdoor waterproof 120volt to 12volt dc power supplies to save room in the outdoor enclosures?

JonD

Have used them many years to power flood lights and for power injection, but not to feed the enclosure.  I personally do not like more then 20 ports in one box and the internal power supply works better for me.  If one box goes down it can take a lot of the show with it.  I like keeping several smaller boxes and have a spare on hand.  That way I can keep the extension cords to each prop shorter.  If something breaks... swap the spare in and restore the controller backup file.   They are kind of a pain with one more thing to connect and take down every year, but it should work.

ptr727

I've used these 12V 240W IP68 PSU's:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/power-supplies/led-switching-power-supply-diodedrive-series-60w-240w-enclosed-power-supply-12v/5678/13272/

But I live in SoCal, so I can't vouch for heavy rain of very cold.
It comes with 2 pigtails and 2 outputs per pigtail, but you can safely combine them into one higher amp output (I explicitly confirmed this with the vendor).

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics