News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15524
Latest: fighteriris
New This Month: 32
New This Week: 20
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 127338
Total Topics: 15630
Most Online Today: 86
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 50
Total: 55

Player Mode - Count Down Timer Compatibility

Started by bloren, December 04, 2021, 08:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloren

Good Morning All,

First year setting up pixel lights and I am using xlights to create sequences and the F16V4 in player mode to run them.

I created a sequence that has text and a countdown timer to count down the days to Christmas.  Everything renders and counts down in xlights, but the sequence running on the controller is still showing 24 days to Christmas.  The file was uploaded via FPP Connect.  I do have a battery installed on the clock and have set the time since my wifi connection is pretty weak right now so controller time shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: Text String - /Sat, 26 Dec 2021 00:00:00 -0500/ %D Days to CHRISTMAS!!!
Count down Mode - !to date!%fmt

Is the countdown timer compatible with Player mode on the controller? Or, does it only function when running in E1.31 and ZCPP modes?  Are there any other things I need to do to make the countdown function on the controller.

Poporacer

Quote from: bloren on December 04, 2021, 08:08:03 AMIs the countdown timer compatible with Player mode on the controller? Or, does it only function when running in E1.31 and ZCPP modes?  Are there any other things I need to do to make the countdown function on the controller.
The Countdown effect in xLights doesn't count down to future dates, it is only accurate at the time you render the sequence. It is more for like a countdown for the next song or the start of your show. 
If you want a true countdown, then you will need to use the Event Date plugin if you are using FPP. I believe xSchedule  has something similar, but not sure.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

1 player/2 remote by Poporacer
Today at 08:07:48 PM

K8-PB Network Issue by Kensington Graves
Today at 07:40:50 PM

Failed V1.03 diff receiver boards by bud29
Today at 07:13:38 PM

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by Poporacer
Today at 07:08:31 PM

XLights Variant by Poporacer
Today at 06:56:52 PM