Members: 4
Guests: 68
Total: 72

Xlights 2022.04 and Pi3b with 5.5 Upload Outputs

Started by breese, February 10, 2022, 03:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breese

I have a matrix connected to eth1 on my Pi3b
When I click the link in Xlights to Upload Output, the matrix I have setup in FPP gets disabled.
I can reenable it as I am testing in Xlights, but each time I upload the output it happens again.

Am I missing something stupid being the newbie I am?

rudybuddy

Are you uploading by using Tools>FPP Connect or from the xLights controller tab?

breese

The button on the bottom of the controller page (bottom right) where is shows the controller Green Light.

Poporacer

What version of xLights and FPP? And do you have Auto-Upload configuration checked for the controller?
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

breese

New user....
Xlights 2022.04 (latest and greatest)
FPP (5.5) O/S 5.3 (also latest)
No auto upload that I know of.

Poporacer

How about a screenshot of your controller configuration page in xLights?

breese

Please let me know if you need anything else.
You cannot view this attachment.

Poporacer

This isn't your current problem but you really should set your Prototcol to DDP and also set the Auto Size and reupload. Show us where the LED Panel gets disable and how you re-enable it in xLights (screenshots please)

breese

Will DDP flood the network with traffic?

Here is a screenshot of the LED Panels screen and what setting gets changed
When this happens after using the Update button in Xlights, I have to go into the FPP, and reenable this setting.
Once I do, save, and restart FPP, the display starts showing the XLights info being sent to it.
You cannot view this attachment.

JonB256

Quote from: breese on February 11, 2022, 07:08:17 AMWill DDP flood the network with traffic?

DDP will generate less traffic than E1.31 (more efficient packets) and it only goes to the targeted IP address unlike using Multicast.

Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

k6ccc

Quote from: JonB256 on February 11, 2022, 08:43:37 AMDDP will generate less traffic than E1.31 (more efficient packets) and it only goes to the targeted IP address unlike using Multicast.

A bit of an apples to oranges comparison.  Yes, DDP is more efficient than unicast E1.31, but multicast is evil and should almost never be used.  The exception is under the rare situation where two controllers need to respond to the same commands without sequencing them separately, and if there are devices that require multicast (I know there used to be a few of those - don't know if any still do require multicast).
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
My show website:  http://newburghlights.org

Jim

breese

Thanks for all the info....
I am still trying to figure out why Xlights upload is disabling my matrix.

Poporacer

Quote from: breese on February 12, 2022, 03:59:15 AMI am still trying to figure out why Xlights upload is disabling my matrix.
That is a strange issue and probably difficult to solve via forum posts. I would suggest going to the Zoom room for help.