News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15497
Latest: packhawk
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 33
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 127091
Total Topics: 15590
Most Online Today: 98
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 63
Total: 70

FPP MultiSync between two BeagleBoards using wifi tethering

Started by fauxton, February 24, 2022, 11:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxton

Hello I am trying to do something that I believe is specifically not currently possible.  Attempting to sync two BeagleBone wireless systems with no external wireless network using the wifi tethering capability.

I have one Beaglebone wireless set up as player, with tethering enabled on WLAN0

I have another Beaglebone wireless set up as remote, connected to the tether SSID from the first.

They can't see eachother in the MultiSync menu.  If I connect to the network on my PI400, I can browse to either config page no problem (in my case 192.168.8.1 and 192.168.8.2)

If I add a third BeagleBoard and connect it to the SSID from the tethering board, the two connected boards can see eachother in MultiSync but there is no path to the "host"

Is there some kind of limitation with the tether network?  I assume it's really only to get at config pages from a laptop or phone.
I am building pixel interface capes for BBB - http://www.ledpixeldriver.com

CaptainMurdoch

Dan can probably chime in with more info, but it may be that the multicast isn't making it over the tether.

If you want to test unicast discovery, go to the settings page on the WiFi client system, click the Settings button at the bottom of the page.  Find the "MultiSync Unicast Discovery IPs (CSV list)" setting and add the 192.168.8.1 IP to that box.  Restart fppd on that system and check the MultiSync page on each system again and see if they see each other.  If only one sees the other, then go to the WiFi tether-enabled system and do the same thing but add the 192.168.8.2 IP.
-
Chris

fauxton

I'm getting lost on which settings page you're talking about, I looked through all of the pages I thought it could be on but came up with nothing.  I feel like one time there was an option to make advanced settings available, but I don't see that either

edit:

scratch that, I found it.  trying now

fauxton

Ok, I found the unicast discovery IP list by changing the UI to advanced mode.  By adding the IP of the player into the list on the remote, the remote begins receiving multicast sync from the player and works correctly.  However, I don't know if it's supposed to pick up from forcibly adding the discovery IP, but the player never populates into the list on the remote.  Note that the multisync list on the player is completely empty and doesn't even have the local device.

I don't know how much it matters since it is accomplishing the job, but I guess I can't set the sync to unicast since the remote is not coming up in the list.

Adding the IP of the remote into the player's unicast discovery list seems to do nothing.

I recognize that this is a strange thing to link controllers like this, but it's certainly handy when it works

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Think I found a bug/corner case...please help by breese
Today at 06:37:26 AM

Fpp 6.2 ui password by Mat-Moo
Today at 01:31:11 AM

Controller not keeping accurate time by jnealand
December 01, 2022, 09:38:16 PM

Raspberry PI 4 won't connect to WIFI by Poporacer
December 01, 2022, 07:28:48 PM

BRP Voting Plugin - Allow others to vote for your songs! by Barkers Random Projects
December 01, 2022, 07:20:53 PM

All pixels group ON effect by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 06:48:00 PM

FPP 6.2 Playlist/FPP Command/Run Script vs. Playlist/Script by richardln2
December 01, 2022, 06:16:19 PM

Help--Can't Get Sequence to Output by Oxytousc
December 01, 2022, 05:07:12 PM

Set Time/Date by breese
December 01, 2022, 04:07:57 PM

Differential Receiver Board Ports w/ F48 corrupted data by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 02:58:25 PM