Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 42
Total: 46

FPP6 Using a licence key on a custom bin

Started by OliverG, June 08, 2022, 04:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OliverG

I have a few of Alan's (Hanson Electronics) HE123 BBB Capes and just received my License Keys. 

I have decided to create my own virtual eeprom (HE123-eeprom.bin) because I'm OCD and don't like the RGBCAPE123 port groupings. I used Adam's Eeprom Generator plugin and FPP6 seems to recognise it and pixels light up fine. 
1. Will I be able to use the keys to sign the eeprom or will it throw an error as it is custom.
2. If I need to recreate the virtual eeprom can I re-sign it with the same keys (as long as it stays on the same BBB)

Cheers

CaptainMurdoch

You should be able to use the key to sign the custom EEPROM you generated.  I haven't tested signing with an EEPROM generated with Adam's plugin, but I don't know of any issues there would be.  If you run into a problem, let me know and I can look into it.  If it comes to that, put the .bin file up somewhere and PM me the URL and I can download and test.

Yes, you can resign on the same BBB, that shouldn't cause an issue.  I've been doing the same thing on a Pi during testing.

You could also use the new "generateEEPROM" script in /opt/fpp/scripts if you want to do it from the command line.  That is what I have used to generate all the Pi virtual EEPROMs in git.  I am working on adding a sample/template directory to the git repo which will make it easier to see what needs to be done to generate an EEPROM, but it sounds like you are a bit past that need already. :)  If you use the generateEEPROM script, you don't have to package up the zip/tar package inside the EEPROM, the script will handle that for you.
-
Chris

OliverG

Awesome Thanks, I will try the script as the way I did it was a painful and clunky as I had to work out the file structure and gzip/tar and after a dozen tries I'm not sure I remember which combination worked.  ;D

3636lightshow

OliverG, Are you able to sing the HE123 with custom bin successfully, Please share steps I have HE123 MK I cannot update the license key. 

CaptainMurdoch

I have a HE123-Mk2 that I have generated an EEPROM for.  I need to do a bit more testing and then can put the EEPROM in FPP's EEPROM list which will make it installable directly from the FPP v6 Cape Info screen.
-
Chris

dennismccreery

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on July 19, 2022, 07:53:26 PMI have a HE123-Mk2 that I have generated an EEPROM for.  I need to do a bit more testing and then can put the EEPROM in FPP's EEPROM list which will make it installable directly from the FPP v6 Cape Info screen.
I don't see HE123 in the list of firmware on the latest (6.1) FPP.  Can you please point me to where I can get the file so I can sign my EEPROM?

Thanks,

Dennis the Menace

AAH

The process to get a he123 eeprom is to set a virtual eeprom to rgb123, save that, go to help/ cape info, go to eeprom upgrade, browse to the eeprom that you create using https://apps.mortonlights.com/he123-unsigned and then click upgrade.
I'm going to have to burn an image to all the he123 boards like I have to do on the rpi-mfc by the looks as the process is a complete shambles currently.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Projector video for just one video source by Poporacer
Today at 09:21:09 PM

PiCap w/Controller? by james-s
Today at 05:06:52 PM

F16V4 port 5 Lights flicker by rudybuddy
Today at 04:18:23 PM

new piCaps in the works? by james-s
Today at 01:39:26 PM

Smartthings Integrations by james-s
Today at 01:26:22 PM

Advatek Vortex 48 channel DC controller by CeP
Today at 05:34:34 AM

Upgraded to FPP V6.1.1 - Network Settings do not have "Interface Routing" option by Poporacer
October 01, 2022, 10:24:15 PM

FS Kulp K-8B Controller, Complete by poolprousa
October 01, 2022, 08:31:43 PM

60+ Ray Wu Cables, Pigtails, misc by jnealand
October 01, 2022, 08:57:49 AM

Sequence issues from Rasberry pi by Poporacer
October 01, 2022, 07:49:10 AM