Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 42
Total: 44

Audio from both master and remote

Started by Plasmadrive, July 23, 2022, 02:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmadrive

I have not connected my two Pi4s yet, but I think I remember reading that I can only get audio from the master.  If that is correct, is there a way to actually get audio from both units at the same time using the master as the sync source? 

Poporacer

You can get audio from the remote but due to the way syncing works, you might hear some stuttering. Sometimes playing the audio on the remote without syncing will give you better results, but then again, we have no idea what you are trying to achieve, so this might be a bad suggestion.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

greggsuter

I have two Pi's in my show network, one master and one remote.  I have audio playing on both (the same audio from the same sequence).  I have it separated into two Pi's because one transmits on FM, and the other outputs to an amplifier that drives two speakers.

I wanted independent (and automatic) volume controls for mainly the speaker output.  I lower the speaker volume as the evening gets later, and eventually reduce it to a whisper or turn it off completely (I use a relay output to turn off the amplifier so the speakers don't "hiss" all night and when nothing is running).

FM transmitter can remain at the same volume output and the listeners can adjust their own volume on their radio.

Like the other reply, it does stutter a little sometimes but no bother.

Plasmadrive

I have yet to take this further, but I think I will use the main only for audio and put it to an FM xmitter so the other float will always be in audio sync. 

BTW, this is for two LED parade floats I want to sync up.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics