News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15473
Latest: vb
New This Month: 95
New This Week: 10
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 126843
Total Topics: 15549
Most Online Today: 74
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 51
Total: 53

FPP v6.0.2 xLights Test

Started by StonyRun, September 14, 2022, 03:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StonyRun

I'm setting up a P5 panel with Colorlights and Rpi4/FPP. Everything works and tests okay until I get to xLights and try to test. The best instructions and videos I can find identify my "error" as not being in "bridge" mode on FPP. I further learned that bridge mode is included in Player mode now. It was hinted that my problem is in configuring my Inputs. I get the red alert bar on FPP that says data is arriving and I can see the packet counters incrementing. I have the colorlights on eth0 and my laptop connected via wlan. Of note, xlights sees the FPP controller although I have not yet figured out how to enable the upload of a sequence. The button is greyed out.

Two questions:
1. What information do I need to provide for someone to examine/diagnose?
2. Is there any video/printed info on how to configure/test xlights with FPP 6.x version? 
Thanks for your help. If I'm in the wrong place/forum please advise. 

Poporacer

Quote from: StonyRun on September 14, 2022, 03:01:14 PMThe best instructions and videos I can find identify my "error" as not being in "bridge" mode on FPP.
Have you looked in the FPP Manual? https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual(6.0).pdf
There hasn't been a Bridge mode for a while, it is now almost automagic!

Quote from: StonyRun on September 14, 2022, 03:01:14 PMOf note, xlights sees the FPP controller although I have not yet figured out how to enable the upload of a sequence. The button is greyed out.
Do you have the output to lights on? Or the controller is not fully configured.

Quote from: StonyRun on September 14, 2022, 03:01:14 PMWhat information do I need to provide for someone to examine/diagnose?
Screenshot of your controller page in xLights
Screenshot of your inputs tab in FPP
(Screenshots, not pictures of your screen)

Quote from: StonyRun on September 14, 2022, 03:01:14 PMIs there any video/printed info on how to configure/test xlights with FPP 6.x version?
I already posted the manual that should have everything you need.

Quote from: StonyRun on September 14, 2022, 03:01:14 PMIf I'm in the wrong place/forum please advise. 
This is the right place another great resource is the Zoom Room, open 24/7 and live help with your issues and free tips and tricks.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

bloojoop

By default FPP will reject incoming data.  If you wish for it to receiver inputs, either select the "upload output" button in xlights on the controller tab for that controller (It will upload inputs and outputs), or simply go to input/output setup, then channel inputs and enable the input.  If the controller is setup for DDP in xlights that is all you need to do.  If you prefer to use the e1.31 protocol, then the upload output button is the best bet because it will also configure the correct universe information for the controller to listen to. 
--Ron A.

StonyRun

Please let me know if there's a better way to post screenshots. FYI, all of the display tests from FPP seem to work correctly and the test pattern correctly identifies the panels. Thanks for help and thoughts.

StonyRun

I'm going to go try the zoom room. I'll update here later. Thanks.

StonyRun

I'm not sure anyone in the zoom room knows why it is fixed, but it is fixed. We tinkered with the network settings to Colorlights and after specifying the IP instead of DHCP, it worked. But when we went back to DHCP it still works. We also re-rendered the test sequence and that *may* have been related. In any case, the zoom room guys were great. Thanks.

Poporacer

Quote from: StonyRun on September 15, 2022, 11:14:59 AMPlease let me know if there's a better way to post screenshots.
It is actually better if you post the individual screenshots and then you can inset them. A lot of people might not have Microsoft Word so won't be able to open that file. 

Quote from: StonyRun on September 15, 2022, 01:25:34 PMI'm not sure anyone in the zoom room knows why it is fixed
There are a few issues, right off the bat from your channel configurations they were incorrect. I wasn't in the Zoom Room when you were in there but I have a feeling that they have you fully configure your controller in xLights, use the Visualizer to assign your matrix and then upload the configuration? That usually fixes the channel misconfiguration. You also might want to consider moving the Matrix controller to the top of the list so that you don't have to re-configure it every time you modify your layout

Quote from: StonyRun on September 15, 2022, 01:25:34 PMWe tinkered with the network settings to Colorlights and after specifying the IP instead of DHCP, it worked. But when we went back to DHCP it still works.
If you are using both eth0 ports, when FPP boots up, it will identify the first port it "sees" as eth0 but this might have actually been eth1 when you configured it....

Quote from: StonyRun on September 15, 2022, 01:25:34 PMIn any case, the zoom room guys were great. Thanks.
Glad you got it working!
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

jnealand

Quote from: StonyRun on September 15, 2022, 11:14:59 AMPlease let me know if there's a better way to post screenshots.

to attach a screen shot you must use the "reply" option and not the "quick reply" at the bottom of the thread.  To take screenshots using a windows machine you run the snip or snip and sketch program.  Just use the search option next to the start button and type snip. 
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

show locks me out of falcon player by breese
Today at 04:11:38 AM

F48 with Daisy Chained Smart Receivers by Starry
Today at 03:18:05 AM

Unable to get DHCP after FPP install by Jlwright325
November 27, 2022, 11:31:30 PM

What is the second best way to get rid of pixel gap errors? by k6ccc
November 27, 2022, 10:32:34 PM

FPP connect by LedMutt
November 27, 2022, 09:29:34 PM