Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 25
Total: 28

Wish List for V4

Started by patdelaney, November 26, 2014, 11:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patdelaney

Can you add a "Notes or Description" field in the Lighting Networks configurations. It would help as displays get larger and larger to know what each e1.31 universe was for.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Roger DeBolt

While we are wishing.... I would like a delete confirm before removing models!  :o

Thanks,
Roger

Steve Gase

I'd like to see some integration with Excel, and more robust copy/paste operations.
I use Excel (or sometimes Google Docs) to build my channel data.  I have columns to help me know if the RED is on a good 3-channel boundary, I calculate gaps between elements, Pixelnet (and DMX) config channels, remaining channels in the universe, and lots of other details that help me organize the data and provide validation checks.

It would be nice if the data in my spreadsheet could be easily loaded (exchanged?) with the xLights and FPP config activities -- even if I could download/export the existing info, I could paste it into my spreadsheet to compare info.

Not sure how it would work entirely... maybe this entire channel management topic is a much bigger topic that carries over into Falcon Controller, and uSC/SSC configuration... and unifies the xLight/FPP/uSC/Falcon16 world.   Doing so might simplify all of our configuration issues caused by mismatched settings.
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

drlucas

Quote from: rdebolt on November 26, 2014, 11:53:59 AM
While we are wishing.... I would like a delete confirm before removing models!  :o

Thanks,
Roger

An undo would do the trick for me.
Ryan

patdelaney

Also the ability to save and recall different light network configurations.

This is especially handy during test and debugging phase.

Also the ability to save models as Projects. This could work with the enhancement above.

Example:
I am working on Testing a small P10 panel matrix. The only Model I want is the small matrix.

Now I want to work on my Christmas show, I want to load all the models and Lighting network information...
So I click on Open Project, select the project and I get all the Models and effects and network configs that support that project.

just day dreaming :-)

Pat

smeighan

Quote from: patdelaney on November 28, 2014, 03:48:12 PM
Also the ability to save and recall different light network configurations.

This is especially handy during test and debugging phase.

Also the ability to save models as Projects. This could work with the enhancement above.

Example:
I am working on Testing a small P10 panel matrix. The only Model I want is the small matrix.

Now I want to work on my Christmas show, I want to load all the models and Lighting network information...
So I click on Open Project, select the project and I get all the Models and effects and network configs that support that project.

just day dreaming :-)

Pat

Pat you can get this feature today , sort of.

Make a new show folder. setup the models and SETUP tab the way you want. Cjust select this folder like "P10 Pane'"
do testing, until satisfied

switch back to your normal show folder when done.

not perfect, but i have 25 show folders and switch between them. Most are from users who have sent me emails with their problems. What is nice , i know have a larger test suite to test future code releases.
Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

patdelaney

OK  that will work for now. 
Thanks.

Voltorb

I would LOVE the ability to set an absolute DMX value for a channel(model) to support snow machines and foggers.  The fade effect gets it turned on, but it's a bear getting volume and blower set correctly that way. 
John

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: Voltorb on December 01, 2014, 11:39:38 AM
I would LOVE the ability to set an absolute DMX value for a channel(model) to support snow machines and foggers.  The fade effect gets it turned on, but it's a bear getting volume and blower set correctly that way.

I believe what you want should work now with a colorwash on a single-color model, just pick the color to match the value you want.  I did this last night to turn on a new light that I added yesterday.
-
Chris

Voltorb

I must be missing something (wouldn't be the first time!).  Where would you set the DMX value? 
John

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: Voltorb on December 01, 2014, 12:03:43 PM
I must be missing something (wouldn't be the first time!).  Where would you set the DMX value?

The DMX value is in the color you assign in the colorwash.  You create a 'single color red' model on the desired channel, then inside your sequence you do a colorwash of red (255,0,0 RGB values) on that model and it sets the desired channel to 255.  Then you colorwash black (0,0,0 RGB values) to turn the channel back to 0.  Colorwash 100,0,0 to set the value to 100, etc..
-
Chris

Voltorb

John

patdelaney

Quote from: patdelaney on November 28, 2014, 05:18:15 PM
OK  that will work for now. 
Thanks.

Actually that works just fine... :-)

corey872

A couple of things I had in the back of my mind.  Maybe there is a way to deal with some of these already?

- Possibly to layer 3 effects?  Have some pretty neat stuff with two, don't know if 3 would be better or not?  At some point, the multiple effects would all turn into gray mud.

- Individual bright / contrast sliders for each effect we do have.  I try to do some effects with a very dim 'background' and bright highlights, but there doesn't seem to be a way to control this easily beyond programming one color very dark.

Speaking of colors:

- Some way to have more than 6 colors?  Again, don't know what the limit is, and there are only a dozen or so 'vibrant colors' I really use.  All the rest are somewhat washed out pastels.

- Some way to name colors on the pallet and/or assign monitor colors? – a lot of the dim colors I use for Halloween just look black on the computer screen, or their color on the computer monitor is nowhere close to what shows up on the actual nodes.  Would be neat if I could assign a color patch and name in the software.

- Better way to control custom pallet colors – now that I am getting more strings, I have more strings where the colors are off from one another...particularly noticeable in white, where one string might make a blueish white, the other makes a redish white, etc.  I sort of picture this working like I would name a color... "Snow white" for example.  Then on strings 1-5 (which I bought 3 years ago) that would be a RGB value of 255, 208, 107.  On flex strips 6-8, it would be 240, 208, 107 (because they are a bit too red) and on new strings 9-12 it would be (255, 190, 105) because their green is too strong.  The user would obviously have to set up / eyeball calibrate all this, but once done, sending one 'color' to all elements in the display should show relatively the same color and intensity.

Corey

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

raspberry PI 3 / PI 4 by mrfix1
Today at 07:13:55 AM

help getting started, next step? by K-State Fan
Today at 04:42:36 AM

Bug in newest release by tbone321
January 26, 2023, 06:14:26 PM

Cannot Connect to F48V4-NS Through Rasberry Pi by Poporacer
January 26, 2023, 03:13:43 PM

new piCaps in the works? by Bwinter