News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15524
Latest: fighteriris
New This Month: 32
New This Week: 20
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 127339
Total Topics: 15630
Most Online Today: 86
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 30
Total: 33

Microcenter $39.99 Element 14 Beaglebone Black - Revision C

Started by tcdad, April 24, 2015, 05:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Just a warning for other Canadians: they don't accept Canadian Credit Card Billing Addresses, so you'll have to sweet-talk a U.S. friend or relative to order it for you.

P.S. While I was on the phone with them I found out that the sale is on until May 10.

drlucas

I just suck it up and go to http://creatroninc.com locally....they do deliver in Canada. Limited options for us North of the border. 
Ryan

Gary

Yes, there's definitely a different--and extra--set of challenges when doing this hobby in Canada. It's nice to have a "free mailbox" at my brother's place south of the 49th parallel. I've just learned to be patient getting my stuff that way.

ricopico

I just checked this afternoon (cause i'm going up to Denver), they are no longer $40, but $55.    >:(

David Pitts

PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Gary

Quote from: ricopico on May 12, 2015, 02:57:09 PM
I just checked this afternoon (cause i'm going up to Denver), they are no longer $40, but $55.    >:(

You didn't believe me?  ;)

rlemery

I just checked Micro Center and the BBB is back on sale for $39.99
728 lor channels
5492 pixels

Gary

Seems like a perma-sale (if there's such a word).

I guess you can't legally call it a "sale price" unless you raise prices back to "normal" at least once a year?!?

rattataz

JonB256

Quote from: rattataz on May 17, 2015, 01:22:17 AM
I just bought 3 for $39.99 each yesterday.
Did the shipping eat you alive?
I've got to drive by a Microcenter next Saturday so will probably stop in. It isn't close enough to consider going for just that reason. :(
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

Gary

Quote from: JonB256 on May 17, 2015, 11:42:43 AM
I've got to drive by a Microcenter next Saturday so will probably stop in. It isn't close enough to consider going for just that reason. :(

The shipping works out to be $7.97.  As a Canadian, I wish shipping was typically that reasonable for on-line ordering--even when going through a Canadian web site.

jnealand

Makes me glad I'm only 12 miles from the nearest MicroCenter.  I am probably in that store at least twice a month.  They are stocking a lot more DIY PI and arduino stuff these days.  Trouble is I can never find the part I want without asking someone.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

rattataz

Quote from: JonB256 on May 17, 2015, 11:42:43 AM

There was no shipping. 

I stopped into a microcenter on my way to Light up Ohio.   ;D

Quote from: jnealand on May 18, 2015, 08:18:06 AM
Trouble is I can never find the part I want without asking someone.

Thats what happened to me. The salesman & I spent 15 minutes looking for it. The shelves were a little disorganized. Two were on one shelf, one was by the beaglebone cases, & we never did see the others he said they had.

ricopico

I saw the boards were back on sale like 2 days after I had checked.  I dropped by that Tuesday just to check the place out, I didn't know they had as much stuff as they did.  Staff was  friendly, and ready to help if you needed it.  I'll probably come trolling in the next time i'm up in Denver (I never did by the BBB, and wanted an excuse to come back).  -Thanks.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by cabrio
Today at 09:31:37 PM

1 player/2 remote by Poporacer
Today at 08:07:48 PM

K8-PB Network Issue by Kensington Graves
Today at 07:40:50 PM

Failed V1.03 diff receiver boards by bud29
Today at 07:13:38 PM

XLights Variant by Poporacer
Today at 06:56:52 PM