News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15474
Latest: Sobal44
New This Month: 96
New This Week: 11
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 126881
Total Topics: 15557
Most Online Today: 105
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 69
Total: 74

I'm slow, but my P10 matrix is working. Learned a lot

Started by JonB256, May 21, 2015, 11:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwetzel

Have you configured your E131 tab to match the setup in Nutcracker for your matrix?

That looks like I don't have them the same, here is a pic of xlights

dwetzel

I am having trouble with pictures for now. I did get fpp e131 configured to match xlights and I found some wire that had been very hot on the matix. I changed the configuration so the arrows are up and input to output is left to right. the number 1 panel is on the bottom right. I even had to replace on set of wires from heat.

dwetzel

I wiped the usb thumb drive and the sd card, then started over with a clean install. setup the config tab and the fppd worked great. then went to configure output tab and broke something fppd stopped running. starting over again to try and narrow it down. this is all with octoscroller not connected.

neilric99

I would suspect that there is a short somewhere if a wire is getting hot

Quote from: dwetzel on June 20, 2015, 10:55:16 PM
I am having trouble with pictures for now. I did get fpp e131 configured to match xlights and I found some wire that had been very hot on the matix. I changed the configuration so the arrows are up and input to output is left to right. the number 1 panel is on the bottom right. I even had to replace on set of wires from heat.

dwetzel

I am checking all the wiring over to see. I have been trying to post a photo of the back side of a panel, it is a jpeg but it wont post. I have reduced  the size, still no joy. I have converted it to a png, maybe that will work. Nope I'll try something else. My screen shots that worked were png files.
I am new to this forum posting stuff and can't get everything to work.

dwetzel

There were 2 factory connectors with positive and negative reversed. I repaired them and no overheated wires with just power applied. That is 1 problem fixed and more to go.

dwetzel

Ok quick progress report. BBB is working with FPP. I have set the Status Tab for date and time and the FPPD is still running. Set Input/Output tap for e131 and FPPD is still running. Set Led panel Tab and FPPD is still running. Connected Octoscroller and power to matrix and FPPD is still running. Yeah that is the farthest i have gotten. Now what do I do with the BBB Tab that seems to be where I have problems, at least for now. I know its Father's Day and I do appreciate any help. Thank You.

dwetzel

dwetzel

From where I left off I plugged in the octscroller and the matrix power. Went to Display testing tab and  set channel number to 2 and brightness to 200. Enabled testing and cyclced through through the colors. All leds came on and cycled through the colors. Again more progress.

dwetzel

Went to the Status/Testing/Sequence tab and played a sequence I made with some random effects, SUCCESS!! Thank you to those who responded and gave me help. What an awesome group. I hope when I grow up I can be like you guys. I am retired now.

Voltorb

Great news!  I was going to offer to have a skype session with you, but it looks like you've got it figured out!  That's part of the fun!
John

dwetzel

i was getting pretty desperate as this has taken over a month to get it going. Thanks for the offer but it is working as advertised. also very glad for reverse polarity protection or I would have blown several panels.

JonB256

Quote from: dwetzel on June 21, 2015, 06:43:41 PM
i was getting pretty desperate as this has taken over a month to get it going. Thanks for the offer but it is working as advertised. also very glad for reverse polarity protection or I would have blown several panels.

Your panels are definitely made by a different vendor than mine, though they have the HUB75 connector and the IN/OUT arrows and vertical orientation. The screw holes and power connector are in different spots. Not sure that I could mix them.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

dwetzel

I created a sequence with some random effects but ones you could tell if orientation was correct, no joy they were backwards and upside down. I reversed the panel setup to be opposite from the posted guidelines and it worked perfectly. I had to turn they arrows on the Setup tab to be opposite of what they were on the panels and reorder the "O" and "P" opposite from what they were. I don't know why but it works and is in the right orientation.

JonB256

For my 3x3 panel, the BBB config screen matches the arrows (left/right and up/down) if you view it from the FRONT like a viewer would.

It worked that way from the beginning and has been rock solid.

Top row connected to Output 1
Middle to Output 2
Bottom to Output 3
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user