Guests: 94
Total: 97

My P10 panels

Started by Gerry, June 29, 2015, 05:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerry

Hello,

I have my P10 panels working !
Below is a link to a short video showing it working with a few effects chucked on , but my point and shoot  camera does not it any justice and probably is not keeping up with the fps.
The actual effects are very smooth and bright.

I currently have 4 panels connected to a Beaglebone (BBB) running the Falcon player and running a short xLights sequence. I have another 4 panels  which I will add to this.

Nothing new for many of you , but I am most rapped as a newbee , considering that at of the beginning of last month , I was just starting with xLights and had never actually seen either a PI or heard off a BBB and now them both up with sequences  running with these panels! All because of the huge amount of information shared on this and other forums.

Many thanks to Darylc who demonstrated the entire setup at the Sydney mini and AussiePhil and others who provided invaluable guidance on installing and configuring the image , FP software , plus others who advised on configuration details and where to get bits and pieces.

AAH also helped by soldering the pins and thingys on the Octoscroller  this weekend, which was beyond my basic soldering ability.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcdikswg804im25/MVI_5395.MOV?dl=0
Gerry

patdelaney

Voltorb

There sure are a great bunch of people here!  I've been doing the blinky flashy thing for a few years now, but I have never had as much fun as I have in the last few months playing with the P10 panels. Great job!
John

AussiePhil

Quote from: Voltorb on June 29, 2015, 06:47:06 AM
There sure are a great bunch of people here!  I've been doing the blinky flashy thing for a few years now, but I have never had as much fun as I have in the last few months playing with the P10 panels. Great job!

It's them Aussies pushing the technical boundaries all the time.......

P10 :) so last year :) P5 is where it's at

BTW: even though I said it over on ACL, nice job and thanks for the thanks :)

drlucas

I was going to say that all your videos are backwards! I think Gil/Dan/Sean are going to have to create an "Aussie" checkbox to reverse the flow of the effects in xlights....then I realized my silly Simpsons reference about water in a toilet bowl swirling the opposite way might not be as funny!!

Curious to know what all those components are on the desk attached to the power supply? Is it some sort of inverter or something?
Ryan

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Think I found a bug/corner case...please help by breese
Today at 04:19:41 AM

Fpp 6.2 ui password by Mat-Moo
Today at 01:31:11 AM

Controller not keeping accurate time by jnealand
December 01, 2022, 09:38:16 PM

Raspberry PI 4 won't connect to WIFI by Poporacer
December 01, 2022, 07:28:48 PM

BRP Voting Plugin - Allow others to vote for your songs! by Barkers Random Projects
December 01, 2022, 07:20:53 PM

All pixels group ON effect by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 06:48:00 PM

FPP 6.2 Playlist/FPP Command/Run Script vs. Playlist/Script by richardln2
December 01, 2022, 06:16:19 PM

Help--Can't Get Sequence to Output by Oxytousc
December 01, 2022, 05:07:12 PM

Set Time/Date by breese
December 01, 2022, 04:07:57 PM

Differential Receiver Board Ports w/ F48 corrupted data by tkelba
December 01, 2022, 02:58:25 PM