News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.3 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.3

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15659
Latest: PaulDzRGB
New This Month: 9
New This Week: 3
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 128433
Total Topics: 15791
Most Online Today: 48
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 19
Total: 20

Amazon Dash button

Started by mararunr, August 19, 2015, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CaptainMurdoch

So it sounds like for our purposes, that these have a built-in "debounce" in that they can't be triggered more than once every 'X' seconds.  Pat, have you done any testing to see how long it takes the Dash to go back offline so that the next press triggers a re-ARP?  That would be our minimum double-click time.  I have one of these in my cart to pick up to play with sometime.  I'm sure there is a better way to capture the press but nothing as simple to implement or as easy to configure as listening for the ARP.
-
Chris

JonB256

I am getting a notification for each button press from my smartphone's Amazon app that I haven't finished the transaction.
Annoying but expected.

The better hack will be to not notify Amazon with each press.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: JonB256 on August 24, 2015, 05:55:05 PM
I am getting a notification for each button press from my smartphone's Amazon app that I haven't finished the transaction.
Annoying but expected.

The better hack will be to not notify Amazon with each press.

This is what I was thinking about.  I think that you could probably do some things like set a static IP for the MAC and block internet access for that IP, etc..  You could also get real fancy and fake Amazon DNS or route the Dash's packets to your own server.  I think that blocking the Dash's access to the internet via a rule on the router is probably the easiest way.  I wonder if that will cause it to timeout and go to sleep sooner or will it be later?
-
Chris

patdelaney

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on August 24, 2015, 05:47:31 PM
So it sounds like for our purposes, that these have a built-in "debounce" in that they can't be triggered more than once every 'X' seconds.  Pat, have you done any testing to see how long it takes the Dash to go back offline so that the next press triggers a re-ARP?  That would be our minimum double-click time.  I have one of these in my cart to pick up to play with sometime.  I'm sure there is a better way to capture the press but nothing as simple to implement or as easy to configure as listening for the ARP.

I was trying one og the hacks to sniff for ARP requests and I was getting a failure because it couldn't finf tcpdump. I was trying to run this on one of my Pi's

this is what I was looking at:
https://medium.com/@edwardbenson/how-i-hacked-amazon-s-5-wifi-button-to-track-baby-data-794214b0bdd8

I got sidetracked with the real job today :-) So I have had no time to get back to it


Pat

CaptainMurdoch

I thought I added tcpdump to the installed packages.  I will have to double check and add it if not.  I want it for debugging as well.
-
Chris

patdelaney

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on August 24, 2015, 08:42:33 PM
I thought I added tcpdump to the installed packages.  I will have to double check and add it if not.  I want it for debugging as well.

I think it's there, but not in the PATH, so I have a couple options;
1) manually add tcpdump to the path. (I don't know how, so I need help here)
2) You make a change to add TCPDUMP to the Path
3) I try and modify the hack script to add the full path to TCPDUMP.

I like option 2, but could live with option 1.

:-)

Pat

CaptainMurdoch

tcpdump is not installed.  I added it to my local FPP_Install.sh script for next time I push my changes.
-
Chris

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

F16V3 with 2 expansion boards at 40 fps MAX PIXELS per output? by BirdingPix
Today at 02:49:02 PM

Warning/Error: Network incomplete frames hit 250. by JonD
Today at 10:59:15 AM

F48V4-NS at 40 fps using all 48 pixel output ports? by Poporacer
February 06, 2023, 10:27:09 AM

Unable to update RPi 5.5 to latest version by JonB256
February 05, 2023, 07:23:16 PM

help getting started, next step? by rayster
February 05, 2023, 04:24:09 PM

F48v4NS - Pi or No Pi? by joeyblasko
February 05, 2023, 09:15:33 AM

Huidu Controllers LED matrix by CaptainMurdoch
February 04, 2023, 10:18:47 AM

FPP6.2 universes by darylc
February 03, 2023, 08:48:57 PM

F16v4 Ports vs Universe Configuration Question by k6ccc
February 03, 2023, 09:32:48 AM

Need Expert Advise on F16v4 Ports vs Universe Configuration by Kairus
February 03, 2023, 09:32:33 AM

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod