News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15532
Latest: travispauley
New This Month: 40
New This Week: 28
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 127450
Total Topics: 15647
Most Online Today: 74
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 41
Total: 48

Receiver power question

Started by kennylights, July 07, 2016, 10:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennylights

Do I have to provide power to the receiver boards themselves or is the power to run the board coming via Cat5? Reason I ask is that I want to put the board somewhere semi permanent and have power "built in" to one of my elements. being as there is no power led on the receiver board I wasn't sure if they were getting power.

David Pitts

There is a power LED on receivers. It is just real small. Yes receivers need to be powered at the receiver using two pin connector. 5-12 volts.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

kennylights

Sorry David, call it poor eyesight, but I see it now. what is the minimum needed to run the board and power inject later? I have a bunch of Phoenix Contact Step power supplies rated at 1 Amp and .5 Amp. They are small and compact enough to fit into the 4X4X4 plastic electrical boxes from Home Depot which makes them waterproof and easy to hide. As I mentioned, I have built the power supplies into my models to make decorating easier so in all matters, I am power injecting almost all of my elements.

David Pitts

.5 amp or even less should easily do it.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

kennylights

Thanks David, This easily becomes the workhorse of my layout. I live on a corner lot and we try to hit all available areas. That can be a challenge, but with the addition of the receivers being able to be placed remotely off of a central hub while that hub is able to control elements makes it easy. Plus the ability to run DMX out and LOR off of that main hub really takes a load off of separate control cards scattered all around. Will we be seeing you next week at the expo?